Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in the area I had found $100 Estados Unidos Mexicanos coin I posted Aug 6, 2012 and another $100 Estados Unidos Mexicanos cion I posted in May 16,2014. Also May 16,2014 I found a Merry Widows container.
Today I was in the same area and was getting a good tone and scraped the dirt away with my shoe. I than run the E-Trac coil again by the tree and it was against the tree with the best sound. I took out my digging tool and was going to start digging when I seen it on top of the cut off branch. I had been standing more to the left and was watching the coil as I sweep it back and forth.
I had to go home to get the camera so I could get pictures of were I found it.
Also the plastic condom pack. Nothing inside it just dirt.

Here is the last post and under the Merry Widows is the link to the first $100 Paso coin.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...nd-1985-mexico-100-peso-s-coin-same-site.html

mex 001.jpg mex 002.jpg mex 013.JPG mex 004.JPG mex 008.JPG mex 010.JPG mex 011.JPG

Upvote 9

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the beautiful coin.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice find ! ( the 25 peso silver ) Was it in the plastic container when you found it ?
mex 011.JPG It was in this plastic bag with a rusted staple .Not like the other two that were in round plastic containers.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how many of you can say you found a coin 6 to 8 inches above your coil ?

NorthernTesoro

Oct 3, 2014
Colorado (Formerly MN)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Super weird but great finds! Looks like someone inherited or was given some Mexican commemorative silver coins but had no idea of their value and just chucked them in case and all. Hard to believe they were accidentally lost, too much of a coincidence.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super weird but great finds! Looks like someone inherited or was given some Mexican commemorative silver coins but had no idea of their value and just chucked them in case and all. Hard to believe they were accidentally lost, too much of a coincidence.
There were trees and branches cut in this area. A big cedar tree stump and no ceder tree. The same at the other park woods all the ceder trees gone just the stumps .I found 3 or 4 silver dollars from the 1800's around those stumps so a worker had to have lost them. The same with the Mexico Pesos coins. Someone cutting trees more than likely had these in their pocket and lost them.The coin I posted doesn't have much value as silver is down.
I do not believe anyone just chucked them. I could believe some drunk guy keep tripping on logs and falling down. Maybe he brought them with him from Mexico.

NorthernTesoro

Oct 3, 2014
Colorado (Formerly MN)
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
There were trees and branches cut in this area. A big cedar tree stump and no ceder tree. The same at the other park woods all the ceder trees gone just the stumps .I found 3 or 4 silver dollars from the 1800's around those stumps so a worker had to have lost them. The same with the Mexico Pesos coins. Someone cutting trees more than likely had these in their pocket and lost them.The coin I posted doesn't have much value as silver is down.
I do not believe anyone just chucked them. I could believe some drunk guy keep tripping on logs and falling down. Maybe he brought them with him from Mexico.

That's why this hobby is so exciting, the mystery of it all! The fact that the $100 peso coins and the $25 peso are all in their plastic capsule/packaging means they never left "collection" status the person had to have known they were collectible but yet there they were in the ground waiting for lucky you!

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's why this hobby is so exciting, the mystery of it all! The fact that the $100 peso coins and the $25 peso are all in their plastic capsule/packaging means they never left "collection" status the person had to have known they were collectible but yet there they were in the ground waiting for lucky you!
Let me just say that lucky me spends 4 Hrs or more detecting in the woods every day I can. Thanks NorthernTesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread