fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like hurricane Michael is going to be a category 3 storm when it hits. I am about 150 miles from the coast in southwest Georgia and they are calling for 75mph winds with gusts to 90 here Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Fortunately the storm is not going to be here long as it is forecast to move north at a good pace.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe!

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now the path of the storm is projected to come straight through the area I live in. I have been through tornadoes and wind shear that caused millions of dollars in damages here back in January 2017 not to mention a 500 year and 100 year flood about five years apart but I am not looking forward to the next two or three days. Hopefully, the storm will not be as strong as predicted. But, it is better to be prepared for the worst.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck to you. These storms are such a pain. Destructive, disruptive, deadly, expensive. Take care.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fyrffytr1, I sure hope your hunkered down & got supplies ready!
This is not looking good..... :o
Heck, I started washing clothes & cleaning house last weekend here in S. Fl.,(it's kinda one of those nervous twitch things, I do, when a hurricane is on the back doorstep, lol)
I can't do nothing for the house up in Moultrie.... :BangHead:
I'm sure I'll be headed up that way, soon...
Please do check in, let us know you're ok, once this things passes & as you're able.
God Bless & protect you & yours.... and everyone else in the path of this thing... :notworthy:

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Living on the Texas coast, I feel your pain. Good luck and stay safe. Remember you own nothing that is worth your life.

I hate hurricanes more than I hate pull tabs.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You ought to have seen them Tornados come thru here the other day.....

When I was a kid, I lived in Mounds OK and saw 21 tornadoes come through the area in one day. They were even starting to form then would recede back into the low laying clouds.
It was a scary time for me and my twin brother. I hated being down in the storm cellars waiting out the storm.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lordy Fyrffytr1, Prayers for your family & for ya'll's safety!
I've still got no word from anyone, about my house, I'm hopeful, but...
Relatives in Dawson aren't expecting ANY services for at least a month.
I been following these fb pages(below), trying to learn of anything from anyone....
There's a lot of hurting ppl out there.... Hang tough & this too will pass....
Some things(businesses) are slowly coming back up.
(Not sure of your water situation, you can draw from streams, creeks, & ponds,
filter, filter, filter, then add some bleach, collect rainwater, too, same treatment).

Remanence it to, like a camping trip, gone bad.... terribly terribly bad.... :BangHead:

Stay safe!

https://www.facebook.com/WALBNews10...NCc_SE0Jaek0IMif_bOfr08iJNFFeEh0XjyvcTlAF18q5

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WALBcommunity/

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
It is really sad to hear that at least 17 people perished due to Hurricane Michael, although more may be found and the death toll now stands at 51 due to Hurricane Florence! As a former Weather Man (Hydrological-Meteorological Technician from November 19, 1978 to July 30, 2011) with the National Weather Service, it was always heart breaking for myself and my co-workers to learn that folks perished during Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Severe Thunderstorms, Flash Floods and Floods on our watch but that many of the deaths occurred because these folks did not heed the warnings to evacuate, warnings not venture outside (if safe) during storms and warnings not to drive through water flowing across roadways because you can't tell the depth of the water nor whether the road surface has been washed away. Too many folks complain that the National Weather Service cries Wolf too often and it may seem that way at times but it is done with the Public's safety in mind. If folks would only heed the warnings and information, there would be less fatalities and injuries. It is my hopes and prayers that everyone affected by Hurricane Michael will pull through okay and get the services, supplies and funds they need to make it through these hard times!

Last edited:
OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back online this evening. Was without power from Wednesday night until last night. The storm was still a category 2 when it passed over us around midnight Wednesday.The eye came right over us. My house escaped damage but a large pine tree fell on the corner of my shop. If it hadn't been for an old Pontiac that I was parting out the tree would have come right through my shop and I would have most likely lost my GTO! The pecan crop here is a total loss and most of the cotton crop was ruined as well. I thank God we didn't get hit as hard as PC and Mexico Beach and I pray for the folks in that area. I am 68 years old and this is the worst storm I have personally witnessed. I hope it is the last.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been through two twisters

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread