Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Michigan's Northern Lower????

What's going on CACHEHNTR? I myself do not actually prospect around the Northern Lower, but actually in the the Lower Lower should I say. Found quite a bit of flakes in the area that I have been prospecting for a few months now. Just waiting for the snow to clear up, and should be back there. If you'd like to come hang out some time, and search for that shiny stuff let me know! Good luck and Happy Hunting up there, which I am sure that you'd be able to find much more hitting the right spot! (Gold is where you find it)

Sluice

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF

I am curious about the beach sand from the UP and if panning would work to find that really fine gold.
I brought some home from my last trip up there and looking through it with a loop. I couldn't see any gold
but there are some cool looking pink and red stones in there, very tiny but no visible gold.

Makton

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm very looking forward myself to getting some of that black sand from the UP this spring once this awful weather is no more. I went out right before it started snowing actually, and found just a small amount here and there, but very excited to get up to the UP this spring and do some prospecting, plus some good MDing being around some ghost towns up north!

Sluice

ohiochris

May 6, 2009

I forget where its at , but while doing google searches about gold in michigan I found a nice list of counties and even rivers where gold has been found. Id love to do some beach prospecting in Michigan , I hear there is spots where there is black sand a plenty with gold in it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When are yous guys come-n up to the U.P. let me know may be we can hock up... I no lots of places to detect float copper.. old ball parks for coins... rock piles or tailing piles for copper specimens . and I'm learning the shore now for that black sand...

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know down state on the west side is producing the best gold flake and some small pea sized nuggets. The White river for one is very good and all through the Huron river is also good on the other side of the state. But you need to get back in away from everyone due to all the regulations in Michigan its illegal to pan, sluice, dredge or even dig in any designated trout stream, natural stream or natural area. What does that leave, absolutely nothing, its all B.S. if you ask me.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather hasn't been bad in the U.P as of late. high 50's to low 70's the past week or so.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a bout dryed up crick beds would there be any gold in them.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The west side of the U.P. has been known for gold in a lot of the streams so a dried up one may have gold its hard to say.
We just had another freeze come through and now rain, ground is still frozen beyond 6 to 8 inches still in places

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread