Micronta VLF-4000?

Jack Burton

Greenie
Apr 30, 2005
Hey guys. Im sorry if this particular detector has been covered, but I tried to search and it said I was allowed until I am a charter member. Anyway, in the local pennysaver, someone is selling a micronta vlf-4000 used for 60 bucks. My father was interested in buying it since he likes my ace 250 so much, but I told him to wait until I could find out more about it. Do any of you know anything about micronta detectors? Are they worth 60 bucks used, or would my dad be wasting his money? Any info you guys can give me on the detector would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have a Micronta 2 and it has more than paid for itself. I bought it at Radio Shack back in 1995 for $200. I have since put a 4" coil on it. The more I use it, the more I learn about the little differences in the tones. Over the last week I have found two handfuls of clad coins with it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez...... :o It's your father fer heaven sakes! People have found stuff with them (Micronta) as even a blind pig can sometimes find an acorn. Do your father right and suggest another real detector like your Ace 250. Then the both of you can hunt together with like machines and learn from each other.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those, bought it years ago. It did teach me how to detect using the non-motion mode, as it operates in all metal only. We used those types of detectors because we had to. Now we don't. It was a good learning tool, though.

As I said, I have one. You pay for shipping and 10.00 bucks and you can have it. PM me.

For your dad's sake, get him a prizm 2 or an ace 250 and help him have more fun.

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread