Mid 19thc Belgian Boot Pistiol!!! Rare Charlotte Chauffeur's Badge & More!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a great hunt yesterday, the dry spell is over! We found a long forgotten home site in the woods & I found another brass barrel boot pistol! It was literally on top of the ground when I brushed the leaves away! This one is much smaller than the last I found & it is percussion vs. flintlock. Another great find was the Wadsworth Transfer Co. Chauffeur badge which I was told is extremely rare. The company started in Charlotte in the 1890s & actually tended the horses for the horse-drawn Charlotte trolley! I'm very intrigued by the sheet brass plate with the number 2, any help identifying this would be great. I also found a nice assortment of other relics. boot1.pngboot2.pngboot3.pngwads1.pngwads2.pngbrass_plate.pngusg.pngharms.pngax.pngstir.pngcruddy.png

Upvote 37
What a bunch of cool finds, I agree your dry spell is over! That pistol is really cool.

Simply stunning recoveries! That boot pistol is one for the books! :treasurechest::notworthy:

A very nice assortment, with the pistol making a great center piece. Thanks for creating such visually pleasing set of images. The typeface makes it look digitally curated, very cool!

that was a great hunt

Awesome finds, and again I applaud the quality of the post and pics.

Stellar... Wd Magnum.

The boot pisto is a banner IMB.

A tremendous assortment of finds there,The pistol and badge are awesome finds,and the rest of your finds are neat also.

Thank you for sharing such great pics and description. Congratulations on a fine hunt.

Jeez, And I thought I had a good day yesterday.... Great Finds!!!! Congrats

Killer Josh! The pistol barrel is sweet... but the Charlotte local chauffeur badge is way awesome.

Glad that you found a good spot, and reap a nice harvest. Congrats!

Very nice variety of finds-congrats on finding your second pistol. I like the way you laid out the pictures with labels and explanations-thanks for the extra effort.

Yeah thats a banner find, thanks for sharing.

That boot pistol is SWEET! I'd absolutely love to dig something like that one day. Huge congrats on getting another one. That axe head is in great condition with minimal oxidation and would look incredible after electrolysis. Awesome hunt :icon_thumright:

Awesome finds! I need to learn how to post like you! Great pictures and titles. Congrats

That's a killer boot pistol man! Can't believe you've dug 2 of those recently. Congrats on a very nice hunt my friend

Very nice finds....Charlotte NC? I'm abt four Counties west of you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back