jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Northeast is expected to get the brunt of the storm. Forecasters issued a blizzard warning for New York City for Sunday and Monday, with a forecast of 11 to 16 inches of snow and strong winds that will reduce visibility to near zero at times. A blizzard warning was also in effect for Rhode Island and most of eastern Massachusetts including Boston, with forecasters predicting 15 to 20 inches of snow from noon Sunday to 6 p.m. A blizzard warning is issued when snow is accompanied by sustained winds or gusts over 35 mph.

As much as 18 inches could fall on the New Jersey shore with wind gusts over 40 mph. A blizzard warning was also in effect for Rhode Island and most of eastern Massachusetts including Boston, with forecasters predicting 15 to 20 inches of snow from noon Sunday to 6 p.m. Monday.

Baltimore and Washington were expected to get 6 inches or more of snow, with surrounding areas forecast to have as many as 9, the weather service said.

By early Sunday, Maryland, Virginia and North Carolina declared states of emergency.

"Winds with gusts up to 45 miles per hour will cause blowing snow and that's going to cause the worst of it," Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell told The Weather Channel Saturday night. "We're urging extreme caution in travel. Try to get home early and if you don't have to travel don't go."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WINTER_WEATHER?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eastern Pa. warned of approaching winter storm
The weather service is now forecasting 8 to 12 inches of snow for Philadelphia and its suburbs during the warning period, which begins at 7 a.m. Sunday and runs through 1 p.m. Monday. Areas to the north such as Northampton, Lehigh, Carbon and Monroe counties were expected to get 6 to 10 inches.

Forecasters also were predicting winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph. They are urging people not to travel if possible because of the expected snow and reduced visibility caused by blowing and drifting snow - echoing a warning issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation earlier in the week.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...AOL-?SITE=PAPOE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigginThePast said:
10-18" forecast for Ct. >:(

Stay Safe !

I'm on the Fringe right Now.
But usually get what the Poconos do
up here on top of the Mountain.

So these are probably Bare Minimum
for the Bottom of the Mountain :tongue3:

Winter Storm Warning
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: Snow. High near 27. North wind between 9 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow before 1am, then snow likely and areas of blowing snow between 1am and 4am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 4am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. Blustery, with a north wind between 20 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Monday: Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow showers before 7am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 7am and 11am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 23 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

so far nothing below me

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Penndot/Districts/district5.nsf/TCI81atRt209Exit107?OpenPage

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy flashbacks, Batman :o

Methinks this is the first of several severe storms to come. Unfortunately NJ is becoming much like Boston, MA. If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel lucky and think I've missed the brunt of the storm, got anywhere from 18-24" here. I saw that Elizabeth, NJ got about 29" :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if there is 2" here I'd be surprised

Picture 005.jpg

a Mile down the mountain from me
to the East looks like even less.

untitled.JPG

Probably nothing 4 mile down,
at the bottom.

Only 19 Degrees here though & Very Windy.

northwest wind between 23 and 28 mph,
with gusts as high as 49 mph.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing we got 6-8" of snow, hard to tell for sure with the drifts and bare patches but far below the estimates.

Have a little more coming down with temps in the low 20's and winds gusting over 50. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread