mid tones and iffies CZ3D

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to a field Friday with the 3D. Just getting the 3D I wanted to check those iffy targets and didn't take long to learn that if it low tones and the high tone moves to different location....leave it alone.

Started working the mid tones in among the low tone. Pulled in some mid tone targets after cleaning out the iron. Had two nice repeatable (high tone) that turned out to be a brass nail and a chunk of lead. The lead at first was thought to be a flattened out 3ringer and rolled over but after cleaning it up not sure what it is. Also had two .22 cal bullets and a .22 case, small lead drip and a latch of some sort. Nothing major but it did tell me alot about the unit.

Still learning the 3D but really happy with the way I can work those hard spots and pick out the good sounding targets among the iron....just takes some time. Read up alot on ground balancing the unit and it seems to have run alot smoother this time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread