Midwest vacation finds

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
We just returned from a 2 wk vacation in KS/MO and got in a couple days of hunting. Most notable finds were by DH--he scored 2 more firsts! 1st silver coin in the wild, and 1st titanium (a mens ring).

Otherwise, we scored 4-5 wheatbacks, and I set the nickle record in a single hunt ($4.75 in nickles from a 20x30' area of a swim beach.)

Pics are below:
This is pretty well everything we dug.
002.jpg

Wheaties and the Merc
004-1.jpg

All the coins except the pennies
007.jpg

Also dug was a 1966 5 Centime French coin, from the side yard at my Mom's house...weird, but one of us kids must have lost it.

It was fun and we both look forward to hunting up there again next year.

MW

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's alot of coinage! Congrats on the silver :icon_thumleft:

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
FYI.... I am Monkeywrangler's other half, (or she is mine) depending upon point of view.

The Mercury dime was pulled out of a park littered with tons of deep trash, fortunately my Explorer sniffed it out. Neither of us can wait to go back as the park is where the old school was and as far as we can tell, has never been hunted. It will just be a matter of digging all the trash to get to the good stuff.

We also scored a cell phone and a watch that are both with the local lost and found waiting to see if anyone claims them.

One area where we pulled almost $20 in clad, I'd hit last July and pulled almost $10 in clad from. The area has a lot more to offer, you just have to dig through all the pop tops, crown caps, assorted generic trash, and the tornado trash that litters the area. That, and you danged near need blasting equipment to get through the local rock. All of my finds in this park were made with my X-Terra 305 with the sensitivity turned down, (mainly just surface popping). I really want to get back up there and take some time with my Explorer and see just what turns up, I just know there has to be some old stuff hiding deep down.

The grand total was $30.45 in clad. It made a nice bump to our yearly total.

Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread