Mighty Mini Relic Digger?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I cut this blade out of 8 inch sanitary stainless steel pipe over 4 years ago, forgot all about it. It ended up in my buddy's garage somehow, he just found it & gave it to me. I had originally planned on making a small shovel to carry around in my truck for relic hunting, I just finished it today, 4 plus years later. 100% Stainless steel, it'll never rust, overall length 34 inches, blade is 10 inches by 5.5 inches & sharp as all hell. I couldnt resist putting saw teeth in both edges. ;D I took it out & dug a couple deep holes with it.........I think its a keeper!

Attachments

• Mighty Mini Relic DiggerA.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerA.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 986
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerB.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerB.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 993
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerC.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerC.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 988
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerD.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerD.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 972
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerE.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerE.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 956
Hey AP,, :icon_thumleft: I've followed your tools for a while now. They look always great. I think ya could give Predator a bit of competition. :icon_thumleft: Extractor

Dang... that's a monster!!! Bravo, sir! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Hey... You ain't from Eastern Idaho!! :laughing7:

But... I like the way you think...
and your fabrication is second to none!! :notworthy:

Best at ya, my friend! :thumbsup:

Thats beautiful, like a viking broadsword. I Pitty the Ground!

Attachments

• I like your digger, fool!.gif
    I like your digger, fool!.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 914
Now start workin' on that mousetrap, would ya?

Neat tool. I use a sharpshooter with about the last five or six inches of blade tip cut off...then I cut the new edge corners off at a 45 degree angle and sharpen new tip of blade and one side of blade so I can use it as a root axe or as a limb or vine cutter. When I stand with my foot resting atop the blade, it's just the right height before I put pressure on top the blade to shove it into ground. I don't have to bend over much while using it and even can scoop a find from the hole in soil or sand without having to hardly bend to do so--SWEET DIGGER! That's what I've come up with.

ZINCLID said:
Neat tool. I use a sharpshooter with about the last five or six inches of blade tip cut off...then I cut the new edge corners off at a 45 degree angle and sharpen new tip of blade and one side of blade so I can use it as a root axe or as a limb or vine cutter. When I stand with my foot resting atop the blade, it's just the right height before I put pressure on top the blade to shove it into ground. I don't have to bend over much while using it and even can scoop a find from the hole in soil or sand without having to hardly bend to do so--SWEET DIGGER! That's what I've come up with.

Id love to see a pic of that thing Zinc! :icon_thumleft:

Thank you gentlemen, I wish I had more of this 8 inch stainless pipe...........Id make a couple of these & have a contest, give a couple away. Ive been using this thing in the field next to the shop I work in & it does a very nice job. Im going to an old foundation out in the hills tomorrow that a friend has told me about, he doesnt detect but I have a machine for him to use & he is very excited about it all........might have another "addict" on our hands soon. Im gonna use the relic digger up there & Im sure it will dig a fine hole! :icon_thumleft:

AP, I use a little shovel I bought that is similar to that, but not quite as sturdy looking. I walk with a cane and use it to prop myself up when I am swinging the coil. And I also can dig a plug with it without having to bend over if necessary. A very useful tool for us old geezers. Monty

Shoot Fire! That is one SWEET tool. The Fiskars edger I use in the fields can't hold a candle to that. It has a lifetime warranty...but AP Tools don't need one!

Nice work, my friend.

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back