Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Maybe not, Wreckdiver spelled his name wrong.

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
this day and time, i think it is easier to snap than it use to be! i hope everything works out for the best.................. b

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not have posted it if I were not sure...
as for the capitalization of the "G" in his last name... well, that's simply the way the paper had it.

Tom

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very sad indeed. Sorry to hear it. Jimi, does Mike go by "Skimmer" on Tnet? I thought he was MMAG...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its Mike alright.I can tell you this much.Mike has been clean and sober for the past 17 years so its not drug related like the lamer news people say.It has something do to with your rights about protecting your home and property.Hes in jail with no bond,but has a good lawyer working on the case.

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Wow! I hate it when I read I've been arrested and charged with attempted murder! Let me assure those of you who are confused : I have never been arrested and I havn't fired my assault rifle for years! Its been under the bed for so long I bet its covered in dust.
My name is Mike, but not Mcguire. I DO operate the Black Drum...we aquired it from Mike M several years ago. We have had no contact with him since.
Does that clear things up a bit? Whew.

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
wreckdiver1715 said:
I would not have posted it if I were not sure...
as for the capitalization of the "G" in his last name... well, that's simply the way the paper had it.

Tom

Tom, no offense, I was just correlating the spelling with Mike and the name in the paper. Your post has a "MCG" in the name and the paper and Mikes name are spelled with an "MAG". Now that we know it is officially him, it really doesn't matter anyway!

Hey Skimmer, I warned you about all your shady dealings! Now look what you've gone and done! LOL! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
wreckdiver1715

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert, no offense taken my friend, just stating the facts, and keeping the record straight as his name was just a cut and paste from the article itself. And your correct, it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things.

Tom

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chagy said:
Man, I wonder what made him snap

Shipwreck permits.........

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,i have been asked by mike and his ex wife to see if i can sell his all aluminum i think its 28 foot ex navy patrol boat.It has a diesel volvo penta engine in it thats like new with a volvo penta 290 dual prop outdrive.His asking price is 12k,thats about what he has in it.its a great price as the boat and motor is worth every bit of 23k.The motor does run,i helped mike put the motor in the boat as well as installing the outdrive.The outdrive has been gone thru by a local volvo mechanic with new seals installed.A few things need to be done,like misc wireing for the nav lights and a thru hull exhaust needs to be put in or the original exhaust hooked up,for this motor a thru hull would be better.This boat also comes with a heavy duty all aluminum tandem axel trailer.heres 1 pic of the boat,i can get more for whoever wants to see them,send me a email and i will zip them up and send them to you.Or if you want to see the boat that can happen too.The boat is in sanford florida at mikes house.This boat would be great for treasure hunting anywhere,its heavy duty.has a dive platform on the stern and a blower can be made by les savage,he has a boat just like this one that he uses for marine salvage work.Most likely the money from the sale of this boat will go to mikes son conner for his future.I will be at mikes place for a few days this week,cleaning up the property so his ex wife can rent it out.So i can get more pics of the boat and motor and everything else thats on the boat including inside the cabin.

Lots of pics of the boat

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p28/StillWaves/Patrolboat/

Attachments

• exnavypatrol1.jpg
    exnavypatrol1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,490

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone want to buy mikes 1715 fleet anchor for $1000 cash,or his 1733 cannon for $1000? Neither of these items has been conserved but are in really good shape.The anchor still has encrustation on the flukes.The cannon still had a cannon ball in the barrel when it was found,mike took it out,its somewhere around where the cannon sits with a bunch of other cannon balls,whoever buys the cannon,gets the cannon ball as a bonus.Mike needs $36,000 more to pay his lawyer.Donations accepted too!See the pics.

Attachments

• 100_4604.JPG
    100_4604.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,392
  • 100_4606.JPG
    100_4606.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,349
  • 100_4605.JPG
    100_4605.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 1,356

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
That's not a 1733 cannon; it's a gunnade, late 18th century at the earliest- you can tell by the nozzle-shaped muzzle.
Smithbrown

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx smithbrown,i kinda had my doupts when mike said the cannon was from the 1733 fleet.I never really researched it.Mike got the cannon from someone else,i know who he is,hes in orlando.I could ask him what wreck it came from.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one still works.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18439044/detail.html#-
it wasnt drug related like the news said,its pretty much about protecting your property.mike stood up to these thugs.read the comments.mike should be a hero for what he did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread