Miles Apart, Turkey Foot 3

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
Curtis, E.C., PM, i can receive messages. will not send, leave e-mail in pm, have some info on carvings.

i never use signs or symbols from a book or any where because every group is different. the turkey track in this case is to identify important parts of the lower devils creek map. the upper part of big sinking creek is part of the key. showing cave branch and the birds head. the head waters of big sinking is where the three forks are located. the reason the map shows the middle toe shorter is that townsend branch is shorter. big sinking and zackariah are the longer of the three. on the map it shows big sinking and zackariah deeper cut then the others. but that could be to mislead others and one of the other Branch's is the real location. the other knot in the wood is that zackariah has three Branch's. i showed where cave branch ends vary close to the three forks. it may take a lot of foot work and more carvings to figure this out. the carving of the bird. that bird rock needs to be gone over vary carefully and the area around it. click map to enlarge.

Attachments

• lee county turkey foot 2.jpg
    lee county turkey foot 2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 416
  • Turkey Foot 2.jpg
    Turkey Foot 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 508

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all...your looking for the swift silver mine? From what I read about the laws on finding silver down there should you actually find it will belong to the state. Please tell me I'm wrong and prove it with info. I have a little over 80 acres near Willamsburg one small cave on cousins place figured I'd take my metal detector down this spring maybe look for some arrowheads too. It has crossed my mind to look for it as well but I gave up on it b/c of something I read on the state web site (I think thats where I read it).
Thanks, Don

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Curtis, E.C., PM, i can receive messages. will not send, leave e-mail in pm, have some info on carvings.

i never use signs or symbols from a book or any where because every group is different. the turkey track in this case is to identify important parts of the lower devils creek map. the upper part of big sinking creek is part of the key. showing cave branch and the birds head. the head waters of big sinking is where the three forks are located. the reason the map shows the middle toe shorter is that townsend branch is shorter. big sinking and zackariah are the longer of the three. on the map it shows big sinking and zackariah deeper cut then the others. but that could be to mislead others and one of the other Branch's is the real location. the other knot in the wood is that zackariah has three Branch's. i showed where cave branch ends vary close to the three forks. it may take a lot of foot work and more carvings to figure this out. the carving of the bird. that bird rock needs to be gone over vary carefully and the area around it. click map to enlarge.

Turkey Foot: Middle Toe cut off; "treasure" ALREADY found...

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The turkey foot could be a symbol of where three creeks come together? But the Cherokee claim they were marks for hunting. Maybe they weren't hunting for game though?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread