Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an old school I have detected a few times before. It no longer has students in attendance and is used for administrative purposes. There a ball field used by the little league and a monument to the local men who died in WW1 and WW2 that was depicted in 1949. I found a silve ring and an old reigns guide the last time I was there. So I had high hopes for today.

I had 3 hours to hunt and scored 67 coins with a face value of $4.16, 2 keys a Canadian nickel and 9 shell casings.

28C7D036-5962-45D0-8C4B-607E20EC7ADF.jpeg

The shell casings are militray issue and are from ceremonies held at the monument on Veterans Day (God bless all who have served because we wouldn’t have the country we do with out there service and sacrifice). Some of the casings were mangled by a lawn mower and a 1976 was actually over 70 feet away from the monument. It was bent in half by the force of the blade strike and really shot out of the mowed to be that far away.

Most of the casings are LC for the Lake City Arsenal and are dated, 2 from 1976, a 2001, 2004 and 4-2009. The upper left one is from SL for the Saint Louis Arsenal made in 1956. That means it is not quite as old as I am.:laughing7:

92C3E96B-5D6F-4E40-93D3-D5EFD2E0AA60.jpeg

So another fun time swingin my detector and digging in the dirt.

With luck I may get out tomorrow for one last hunt for 2018. Thanks for looking and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 5
Congratualtions on getting out and finding a few keepers! :occasion14:

Great job nice relics Thanks for sharing!! Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back