creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife discovered an old box with these military items, possibly from an Uncle she thinks. We are hoping someone here can shed some light on any or all of these items, any help is appreciated!
medals.jpg medals1.jpg Ring.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
The round on looks like the one I had. It went on a dress uniform hat. The Expert medal is for marksmanship. It's the highest award
for shooting. Not sure about the smaller one.

Upvote 0

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The marksman medals are from WWII.The loops below the expert bar are for holding more bars for different proficiency's. Like pistol, or bayonet.

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two large pins are hat badges... If they are brass color they are army, if there's a silver color to them, they are Air Force, they are post WW2... The Marksman badge.... We need to see the back, is it a single cross pin or two clutch back pins? The ring, I don't know off hand...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
creekhunter

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two large pins are hat badges... If they are brass color they are army, if there's a silver color to them, they are Air Force, they are post WW2... The Marksman badge.... We need to see the back, is it a single cross pin or two clutch back pins? The ring, I don't know off hand...
It's a single pin, very appreciate for all the help!

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Single pin will make the badge WW2 or earlier.... They switched to clutch pins starting in 1942 and by wars end they had pretty much phased out all of the single pin style badges.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions