Military pin?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering does this go on a button? I've never seen this type of pin back before. So I'm thinking it either goes on a button on the shirt or onto a hat possibly? It is signed LGB sterling. If that helps. All the other ones seem to be a military wings I don't see anything else like this. At first I kind of thought it was a hair clip... Thanks

image-406988878.jpg

image-28573432.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only things that I have seen useing those clips, are for hair clips.
Agreed, it's a hair barrette. I can't make out all the details of the shield emblem but it's probably just a patriotic symbol to show support for the war effort. Maybe you can get a better detailed shot. The LGB stands for Lloyd Garfield Balfour. Balfour made many military medals and wings during the war but they weren't exclusive to the military.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked at this again with my loop and there are some words around the badge. It is definitely military and it is also US Marines. Some of the words are honor, duty, West Point, USMC +2 others I cannot make out. So I'm going to start the auction at $19.99 and see if it gets any bids on it.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me items such as this make detecting fun, coins are ok I wont turn down old or silver but objects like this have a story

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me items such as this make detecting fun, coins are ok I wont turn down old or silver but objects like this have a story

I know I haven't done much metal detecting but this things from the yard sale or thrift store remember which. But finding cool stuff is always fun. I wish I could read the other words but they're kind of worn down. The other one looks like it says something town not sure. Corral town? Probably not though! I actually didn't even notice the letters until I listed it and pulled up my own listing in the Zoom box came on it and I could see the word and then USMC. I pulled it instantly. And did auction. It may not be worth too much. Dunno.

tamaco

Oct 16, 2013
southwest
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! That looks like a hair barrette to me, but military people don't have enough hair !:laughing9: Hopefully you will get good return on it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked at this again with my loop and there are some words around the badge. It is definitely military and it is also US Marines. Some of the words are honor, duty, West Point, USMC +2 others I cannot make out. So I'm going to start the auction at $19.99 and see if it gets any bids on it.
Now that you've stated the obvious, the crest is that of the US Military academy at West Point. Enrollment was opened to women in 1976.

U.S._Military_Academy_COA.png

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting find! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread