✅ SOLVED military ribbon bar?

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 2012-10-09 ribbon.jpg
    2012-10-09 ribbon.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 401
OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK... thanks for all the input! Hope this helps out....

I found the ribbon in a local park in Western PA. it was burried about 2" down. It is an old park from at least the 1920's, and had some memorial or military services there, I am sure of.

Here is a picture of the back of the ribbon.

After the ribbon dried, it is not 'white and red' but is 'red and yellow and the thin striped look like a dark navy or a black.

Hope this info helps.!

You guys are the best!

Attachments

• ribbon back.jpg
    ribbon back.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
With the confirmation of the absence of any white stripes on either side of the blue/black stripe the NDSM can be ruled out. So we are looking at yellow center, flanked by a thin blue/black stripe on either side, followed by a red stripe on either side. The yellow and red stripes being close to or of equal size. Did I get this correct?

If so, from what I have been able to see, you can rule out the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Merchant Marines, Civil Air Patrol (CAP), National Guard, and Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) (AFROTC), plus the Marine Corps League and the Young Marines, as the source of the ribbon. But after looking at virtually hundreds of ribbons and medals, I could have very well missed it.

You can eliminate the Navy Sea Cadets, and the Navy JR-ROTC, Air Force JR-ROTC and Army ROTC, and Army JR-ROTC. Can add Public Health and NASA to the no go list.

At this point I am at a lost, what I will do in the morning is link this post to another site and see if they can come up with an answer. My eyes are seeing colorful stripes no matter where I look........I see rainbows everywhere!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SWEET! That be it! thanks!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions