Milk Mans Watch!

Larry Largo

Aug 30, 2013
Largo, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Milk Man's Watch!

I decided to take my TH buddy Chad to my secret spot do do a little detecting and bottle digging. The site is an old turn of the century dump site that I found on accident a few years back. I have found many old bottles, insulators and clay marbles there in the past.We got to the site and it was really overgrown and very trashy. We decided to do some probing on the side of a partially eroded hill side. The terain was very steep and loaded with bloodthirsty corn feed Midwest mosquitoes. At one point I was wondering if they were Africanized sqeeters! After a little probing we found a good spot with old glass pieces and some old china shards. We began to dig the area and found a few nice bottles! Then while I was moving away some dirt with my small hand rake I see a round piece of metal come rolling into my hole in front of me! I picked it up and could not believe what I had found! It was an old pocket watch! No way! It's funny you just never know what you will find! The funny thing is we went to go Metal detecting but did not use the detectors and end up digging up a pocket watch! I still have to clean it and will update any info I can find.So far I think it is a size 12 pocket watch . We ended up with a Kalamazoo Creamery co pint milk bottle, little boy blue bluing bottle, three in one oil bottle, old blue noxzema jar, some milk glass and a pocket watch. Not bad for a couple hours detecting without a detector. Thanks for looking and HH! 100_6363.JPG 100_6364.JPG 100_6366.JPG

Upvote 2

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
GOOD Saves! Love the bottles, but that watch is a pretty darn cool relic!

jtomlinson

Jan 3, 2013
Newport
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!!! the watch is awesome!!!! great job.:notworthy:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool watch.. Those are some nice bottles too.. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread