millcreek or downtown SLC newbie curious about pawn shops for MD's

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably just make sure to turn it on before buying. Make sure the screen is good, battery, sounds, detects a coin.

Look for well known brands; minelab, nokta/makro, fisher, teknetics, garrett, xp, whites, bounty hunter...

Compare prices of other used models online in the classifieds here or other markets.

OP
OP
D

dqhunts808

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2023
Probably just make sure to turn it on before buying. Make sure the screen is good, battery, sounds, detects a coin.

Look for well known brands; minelab, nokta/makro, fisher, teknetics, garrett, xp, whites, bounty hunter...

Compare prices of other used models online in the classifieds here or other markets.

For kids if you want to go really cheap, I've heard of people buying the bounty hunter sold at hobby lobby and using a 40% off coupon that I believe can be found in their flyer or maybe online.

Good luck!
Thank You! Hobby lobby idea sounds great. If I get a kids model and they find nails and bottle caps that could be a good intro to it. are they both left and right handed models or universal? Mahalo, dave Q

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in West Jordan. While I haven't visited a Pawn Shop in a long time I've heard decent reports about Hy & Mikes Pawn in Midvale. You might check them out. You might also look at some of the local auction houses or e-bay. Though with e-bay and most auction houses you can't try before you buy.

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You! Hobby lobby idea sounds great. If I get a kids model and they find nails and bottle caps that could be a good intro to it. are they both left and right handed models or universal? Mahalo, dave Q
Bounty hunter will for sure find stuff, coins included! Any model can be swung with either hand.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pawn shops are overpriced and a crap shoot . buy a new machine with a warranty and instructions book .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions