Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the the little used park in the small town not far from my home. I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to find 55 coins with a face value of $4.94, a necklace, a mine chit, a Jesus pendant, a Canadian quarter, 2 keys, a piece of a spoon handle (pewter I think), a modern button, a toy truck, can slaw, a big chunk of construction lead, tabs and foil.

DSCN3212.jpeg

DSCN3213.jpeg

The necklace looks real nice. I found it almost on the surface of the tot lot mulch. It has a nice gold color that almost looks right. The clasp is not one I have seen used on real gold and the tag only says AMERICAN SHOWCASE. I looked for it on line and tested it to be sure and it is just plated. A nice looking necklace in good shape, but not what I was hoping for.

DSCN3214.jpeg

DAY 2
I made a trip back to the scout camp. I went to the Cub Scout part of camp and did some wandering around trying to find some hot spots. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 in 4 different spots and I did have some luck.

I managed to find 130 coins with a face value of $11.15, 10 camp tent pegs, a big Eagle badge of some kind, a fishing lure, a rope tensioner, a medallion used to attach brass plaques to campsite markers, a key, a belt loop (Bear elective adventure loop for salmon run), 2 pocket knives, 7 shield tokens, a dollar coin, a sinker, a Webelos slide, some tabs, melted aluminum from campfires and some foil.

DSCN3215.jpeg

IMG_8418.jpeg

The ACE knife is dead, but the little Swiss Army knife is I good shape. As my wife says, just why I need another knife (I’ve already sold about 15 of them). The tokens are the same ones I have found many times at camp. They are 2 different sizes and were used a long time ago as incentives for Cub activities.

DSCN3216.jpeg

DSCN3217.jpeg

The medallion is one I have found several times before. It has a hole in the back and fits on a screw shaft to hold brass plaques with names of campsites and such around camp. Normally I find them near the site flag poles because the plaque for each site is located at the base of the flag pole. This one was no where near any plaques and probably was going to be a replacement for a missing one and got lost before it could be used.

DSCN3218.jpeg

DAY 3
We had some decent weather, but I had things to do so naturally I couldn’t get out again until we had rain in the forecast.

I went back to the middle school hoping for a good day with a few goodies. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 continuing my grids and found 83 coins with a face value of $5.13, a hat pin, a snap, an Ace bandage clip, a shell casing, a projectile of some kind, can slaw, tabs, aluminum bottle caps and foil.

DSCN3219.jpeg

Unfortunately the best find of the day was the hat pin, EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY. No goodies this trip.

DSCN3220.jpeg

DAY 4
I went to the middle school hoping that this time I’d find a spot that would give up some goodies. I started a new grid and continued another. In this 6 hour hunt I found 89 coins with a face value of $5.18, a ZIPPO lighter, 2 wheaties, 2 keys, 2 rings, shoe grommets, a bicycle value stem, can slaw, tabs, aluminum bottle caps and foil.

DSCN3221.jpeg

The rings are both cheapies. The devil ring band was all bent up when I found it like it had been stepped on. I straightened it out before the picture was taken. The other wide band is very big and looks like it is aluminum. My guess is that one of the students made it out of a piece of pipe in shop class. They do have a metal shop at the school. The wheaties are a 1941 and 1940.

DSCN3222.jpeg

DSCN3223.jpeg

DSCN3224.jpeg

So an ok week with decent clad and no real goodies. Maybe next week. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 16

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
DAY 1
I went back to the the little used park in the small town not far from my home. I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and managed to find 55 coins with a face value of $4.94, a necklace, a mine chit, a Jesus pendant, a Canadian quarter, 2 keys, a piece of a spoon handle (pewter I think), a modern button, a toy truck, can slaw, a big chunk of construction lead, tabs and foil.

View attachment 2148046

View attachment 2148047

The necklace looks real nice. I found it almost on the surface of the tot lot mulch. It has a nice gold color that almost looks right. The clasp is not one I have seen used on real gold and the tag only says AMERICAN SHOWCASE. I looked for it on line and tested it to be sure and it is just plated. A nice looking necklace in good shape, but not what I was hoping for.

View attachment 2148048

DAY 2
I made a trip back to the scout camp. I went to the Cub Scout part of camp and did some wandering around trying to find some hot spots. I spent 5 hours swingin the CZ21 in 4 different spots and I did have some luck.

I managed to find 130 coins with a face value of $11.15, 10 camp tent pegs, a big Eagle badge of some kind, a fishing lure, a rope tensioner, a medallion used to attach brass plaques to campsite markers, a key, a belt loop (Bear elective adventure loop for salmon run), 2 pocket knives, 7 shield tokens, a dollar coin, a sinker, a Webelos slide, some tabs, melted aluminum from campfires and some foil.

View attachment 2148050

View attachment 2148049

The ACE knife is dead, but the little Swiss Army knife is I good shape. As my wife says, just why I need another knife (I’ve already sold about 15 of them). The tokens are the same ones I have found many times at camp. They are 2 different sizes and were used a long time ago as incentives for Cub activities.

View attachment 2148051

View attachment 2148052

The medallion is one I have found several times before. It has a hole in the back and fits on a screw shaft to hold brass plaques with names of campsites and such around camp. Normally I find them near the site flag poles because the plaque for each site is located at the base of the flag pole. This one was no where near any plaques and probably was going to be a replacement for a missing one and got lost before it could be used.

View attachment 2148053

DAY 3
We had some decent weather, but I had things to do so naturally I couldn’t get out again until we had rain in the forecast.

I went back to the middle school hoping for a good day with a few goodies. I spent 6 hours swingin the CZ21 continuing my grids and found 83 coins with a face value of $5.13, a hat pin, a snap, an Ace bandage clip, a shell casing, a projectile of some kind, can slaw, tabs, aluminum bottle caps and foil.

View attachment 2148054

Unfortunately the best find of the day was the hat pin, EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY. No goodies this trip.

View attachment 2148055

DAY 4
I went to the middle school hoping that this time I’d find a spot that would give up some goodies. I started a new grid and continued another. In this 6 hour hunt I found 89 coins with a face value of $5.18, a ZIPPO lighter, 2 wheaties, 2 keys, 2 rings, shoe grommets, a bicycle value stem, can slaw, tabs, aluminum bottle caps and foil.

View attachment 2148056

The rings are both cheapies. The devil ring band was all bent up when I found it like it had been stepped on. I straightened it out before the picture was taken. The other wide band is very big and looks like it is aluminum. My guess is that one of the students made it out of a piece of pipe in shop class. They do have a metal shop at the school. The wheaties are a 1941 and 1940.

View attachment 2148057

View attachment 2148058

View attachment 2148059

So an ok week with decent clad and no real goodies. Maybe next week. Thanks for looking, stay safe and may your coil lead you to good things.
That is a lot of finds there, many good and many very interesting.
Im gonna use one of my favourite words "that is a Plethora of finds there" good one. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like that eagle and devil ring. Does anyone else hunt that camp? You seem to have a bottomless pit there lol
Thanks Nathan. Some scout leaders may have brought their detector to camp and done a little swingin over the years, but I’m the only one who hunts the camp on a regular basis. I have done most of the normally used areas and have started expanding into areas that are not now in use, but may have been used in the past. It is amazing how much has been lost in the 42 years camp has been open.

Thanks again, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1

View attachment 2148046

View attachment 2148047

View attachment 2148048

DAY 2

View attachment 2148050

View attachment 2148049

View attachment 2148051

View attachment 2148052

View attachment 2148053

DAY 3

View attachment 2148054

View attachment 2148055

DAY 4

View attachment 2148056

View attachment 2148057

View attachment 2148058

View attachment 2148059

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread