minelab 705 ,new to detecting .learning setups beside psopecting mode

docholiday490

Apr 22, 2013
mid WI
Detector(s) used
minelab 705 garret 350 (daughters) rather new to detecting as for coins ect main reason was scanning my tailings .will go more with daughter this year
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The absolute best thing that you can do, is to go to the Minelab website and sign up (it's free). Then go to the "MEMBERS" area and download Randy Horton's FREE e-book, "Understanding Your Xterra", and read it.....twice. Then go play with your machine some, and go home and re-read the book.

While you're at the Minelab site, in the "TREASURE TALK" area there is a four part blog article Randy wrote called "Which X-Terra Coil Is Best For Me?". You should read that too.

Which X-TERRA coil is best for me | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 3 | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 4 | Treasure Talk

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't still have your manual, you can download one from Kelly co. But it's pretty simple, you ground balance the machine , put it the coin and treasure mode and then select the discrimination group you want. There are four choices, but I think #1 is the best to use. The standard mid frequency coil works great, although some people like the low frequency for coins. The Xterra is an outstanding coin shooter, you'll love it.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. I have had really good luck with the 7.5 kHz coil but I am anxious to try out my 3 kHz coil this season.Been out 3 times and found 4 rings with the 7.5 kHz.(2 silver, 1 18kt white gold ,1 cheapo kid's ring).

OP
OP
D

docholiday490

Apr 22, 2013
mid WI
Detector(s) used
minelab 705 garret 350 (daughters) rather new to detecting as for coins ect main reason was scanning my tailings .will go more with daughter this year
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a quick ty to all as I am reading and rereading material . lol to retain info is the task. again thx I will post as I go I have found some things that were decent but with the gold coil while down by quartzite AZ and up here .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread