Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Minelab held a spring beach hunt in AC this past weekend. It was well attended!!! It was also well organized and well run.

Prior committments allowed me to attend only the opening hunt, The Challenge Hunt. There were at least 200 participants and all had a great time. I know I did. And, all for a great cause as this was a Charity benefit hunt. With an Excal, Sovereign GT, and Xterra as top prizes it was easy to see why there was a crowd, and why people were in speed hunting mode. Though I finsihed as an also ran, it was time and money well spent.

Reports are that the rest of the weekend was just as well done, with a first class dinner and raffle prizes worth buying the tickets for. If Minelab or others sponsor hunts in your area I highly recommend taking the time to join the fun.

Hats off to the organizers and sponsors for putting on great show!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great hunt and events all weekend. Some very weird seeding out there. One of the targets was a $50.00 bags of wheat pennies ya 5000 pennies to carry the rest of the hunt, there were 25 dollar bags as well. One hunter scored a GPX 5000 at the dinner and a Etrac at the hunt Sunday. That's some luck! I had a good time and came away wih lots of targets and some silver coin prices. Had a great time!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was there for the dinner.. not the hunts..I had a blast, didnt see too many that I knew and was asking if any were on tnet or brians facebook site.. I did meet a few from my area but that was it.. missed all the rest of ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread