firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get in too big of an hurry understanding your etrac, patience and multiple hunts will help the most. Check out "goes4ever.com's site, he has a nice tutorial on his favorite settings.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with firemac, you need to slow down and focus ONLY on the sounds. Go to goes4ever's site. That helped me a lot. Only look at the VDI after you are satisfied you agree with the sound. Don't push too far forward, settle back. The Etrac is a killer, don't let it kill you by being too frustrated from the very beginning.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so ive had my etrac for 2 days and read the manual over and over but still having issues. I put the settings on coin mode and even through some change along with various metals in the yard to put the tones to the object found after hearing the coin tones i started my hunt yet trash is showing up as coins? any suggestions on what im doing wrong????
What readings on the display were you getting? Nice solid tones and accurate depth reading? Some trash is going to sound like coins, just as it does with other detectors. You can't eliminate all trash. A sprinkler head nozzle is going to sound and read like a quarter no matter which machine you buy! Same goes for nickel, pull tab, gold ring. After you get 1-200 hours under your belt, you'll be able to pick up on the subtle nuances of sounds and their corresponding readings to aid you in determining if they're worth digging or not.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What readings on the display were you getting? Nice solid tones and accurate depth reading? Some trash is going to sound like coins, just as it does with other detectors. You can't eliminate all trash. A sprinkler head nozzle is going to sound and read like a quarter no matter which machine you buy! Same goes for nickel, pull tab, gold ring. After you get 1-200 hours under your belt, you'll be able to pick up on the subtle nuances of sounds and their corresponding readings to aid you in determining if they're worth digging or not.

Cuda is spot on, your not going to dig just good targets, screen is only a semi-educated computer GUESS, experience and time is your best factor...... After some time and practice it will become easier...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread