minelab ctx 3030

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I have an Explorer II and a CTX.The tones on the Explorer are more pronounced especially on deeper silver.

OP
OP
C

coinsearcher

Feb 27, 2008
Central, CA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro W/ SunRay probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Understand but still curious about the similarity of tones?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a very good question, and I've seen similar threads in the past few days but I have not had time to respond.
I have a CTX, in ATX, and A Sovereign GT.
The ATX is the most capable of all three.
That said, the tones are very very subtle, I am still learning how to decipher the LED and tone signals.
I have found an amazing location and have had the best past few weeks I have ever had.
I know I am missing targets (because frankly the best way to describe it is the tones and LED patterns are actually annoying and tiring to decipher)....
The CTX has more pronounced tones and decent visual ID, but I have yet to achieve the same results for my intended purpose.( small gold).

The sovereign GT screams three different distinct and unmistakable tones whenever it discovers Coins or sizable gold and silver. There is absolutely nothing better for finding US coins
It will however almost completely ignore most bimetal coins from Mexico.
Even completely turning down the discrimination will not solve this issue. I have learned exactly what to listen for and I still find bimetal coins, but I have to admit it's difficult.
There is no doubt it is the most pleasurable to hunt with, and with the smaller coil it might end up being as capable as the far more expensive ATX, I'm not sure.

The tones are unmistakable and extremely pronounced. They are right on every single time There is no unrepeatable chatter or need to decipher, when you hear the tone, you know what is there

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coinsearcher

Feb 27, 2008
Central, CA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the great reply but maybe im just not getting the "right" answer in my head, not sure. Hopefully more replies will get me the "right" answer lol..... so with that said, how do the "sounds/tones" compare to the explorer series? I am hoping they sound like the explorer series vs. the etrac. Maybe this will help me out now lol.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the Youtube video at the link below will help! Evan that did this Gonehunting for history video, instructs on how to create a search program and set tones for different targets for the CTX 3030 in this video.

Good luck!

Frank

OP
OP
C

coinsearcher

Feb 27, 2008
Central, CA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awewome!!! Maybe that is what I'm looking for.... thank you!!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks el padron. I have been considering the purchase of an ATX or CTX to compare to my SovGT and you have answered some questions I had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread