Minelab CTX 3030

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And then Minelab made the CTX 3030
And all others were obsolete.
What a perfect machine that needs nothing but a charge to go hunting...no modifications needed, it already has it's own straight from the factory.
Interchangeable coil connectors, pin point button, headphone connectors, excellent performance, stability, depth, depth readings, GPS, numerical target display, collapsable straight shaft, adjustable arm cuff, back packable breakdown, customizable programming.

What more could you want?!
The CTX 3030 was very well planned out and far surpasses my expectations!

I had a chance to test one out and I can honestly say that I am blown away.

Great job Minelab and all your technitions who designed this work of art!!!

I have owned many different brands, models, types of detectors for different
Hunting environments and must say you ladies and gentleman have managed to produce the best metaldetector I have ever used!!!

Hats off to all of you at Minelab..... You have certainly outdone yourselfs!you are definitely the worlds greatest in metal detector technology!

To those who are unfamiliar with the CTX 3030.....my advise is don't by anything but one of these!
Save yourself, the time and money of going from machine to machine and get out and dig those precious metals that the other machines leave behind.
Don't waste another day or dollar and I can guarantee you'll be glad you bought one!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444255608.517227.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1444255626.532229.jpg

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great metal detector.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great detector.... I picked up one myself...

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
You should actually feel a little bit of dread when you reach for your detector. There really is no way at all around working very hard if you want to treasure hunt successfully.
The CTX 3030 is fun. You will have fun with it. It has a lot of fun features. The GPS interacts directly to with your computer. That is also a lot of fun.
If you want to have fun between defective gaskets and electronics get a CTX 3030.

If you want to find the kind of amazing things that could possibly get you in trouble if you actually reported finding them you absolutely need a pulse induction detector with only limited discrimination.
Be prepared to dig, The ground is really hard. treasure sinks deep, really deep.
Recently excavated road beds are hard as rock. The gold, silver and copper currency that was popular in the past has often sunk a foot or more right through them.
Garret makes a very good pulse induction model. It detects tiny traces of precious metals (and some not so precious) at depths so deep you actually dread the next signal. It's a whole lot of work.
A good metal detector should be well made, very powerfull and feature the "big picture" basic characteristics of a pinpointer.
Also, you should look like you've been through a fire when coming home from a successful hunt.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought the E-Trac first because it was a sound machine. But it still frustrated the heck out of me, had me all twisted around. Then a used CTX came up at a darned good price. It was a sale by a member here. I'd not mastered the E-Trac yet, but I knew I would someday. Now with the CTX, the same as E-Trac but with wonderfully interesting embellishments, and I've finally touched where I think I should be with it.

As el padron's posting is essentially saying, every detector for a reason. I've never used a PI machine, but won't discount it in the long run. Like all of us here, we keep "seeking", whether for the treasure itself, or for the adventure we feel we can't resist. This is addictive of course.....

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should actually feel a little bit of dread when you reach for your detector. There really is no way at all around working very hard if you want to treasure hunt successfully.
The CTX 3030 is fun. You will have fun with it. It has a lot of fun features. The GPS interacts directly to with your computer. That is also a lot of fun.
If you want to have fun between defective gaskets and electronics get a CTX 3030.

If you want to find the kind of amazing things that could possibly get you in trouble if you actually reported finding them you absolutely need a pulse induction detector with only limited discrimination.
Be prepared to dig, The ground is really hard. treasure sinks deep, really deep.
Recently excavated road beds are hard as rock. The gold, silver and copper currency that was popular in the past has often sunk a foot or more right through them.
Garret makes a very good pulse induction model. It detects tiny traces of precious metals (and some not so precious) at depths so deep you actually dread the next signal. It's a whole lot of work.
A good metal detector should be well made, very powerfull and feature the "big picture" basic characteristics of a pinpointer.
Also, you should look like you've been through a fire when coming home from a successful hunt.

I'm sorry did I come across as a newb?
I have a dualfield, excaliburs,sand sharks, Ect... Modify, repair and customize them.
What I'm saying is the CTX is one awesome detector but thanks for the lesson in detecting!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The electronics are awesome but the mechanical design is terrible. Use it is saltwater for 6 months as hard as you would an Excal or cz and get back to us.

treasure diver ct

Mar 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Like the second part of your reply lol.... I'm kinda in that boat at the moment..... Which garrett pi are you referring too by the way? My current machine is an excal but I just won a garrett pi a couple days back garrett infinium which I plan on making my main machine for diving and modding my excal for trashy beaches

HD Paulie

Sep 20, 2015
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab Etrac
Fisher CZ-6
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing machine!!! If you have one, then you need to get Andy Sabisch's book The CTX 3030 HANDBOOK!! Its really the manual that should be included with all new CTX3030's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread