Minelab ctx 6 in coil

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you what! I bought a ctx 6 inch coil,got a good deal at that! But I tell you this little coil rocks! Now a t first when you pull that coil out the box your like really? Well this coil is pulling buttons out of the ground 8 to 10 inches,I even was able to detect in between the rail road tracks without it going crazy with the steel! I don't know if I will be using stock coil much more,I also thinks it helps to slow your detecting down and you find even more!

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm! Very interesting - please report back to us in several months for an update. HH

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used mine the other day to go back over a busy area that I had hit with the 11". Found a 64' Rosie I had missed with bigger coil. I think they both have their places. I would not want to be without the 6".

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strangely today two more silver dimes with the 6"coil, a 53' Rosie and a 44' Merc. Two of these three dimes found in the last 4 days were found in trashy places I had hit before with either the CTX 11" or a 6" coil on a 705; one fairground, one park both about 4" to 5". The other was at an old home, 1905 still occupied it was at about 7"

I cannot say that I got these only because I had a CTX with a 6"coil. I am sure other machines and coils could have found them. I will say two of them had to be worked a little to bring out the target response and to separate it from those around it. This is where the 6" on the CTX shines IMO.

OP
OP
saltwater_max

saltwater_max

Jan 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
All Brands,Whites Garrett,Tesoro,Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strangely today two more silver dimes with the 6"coil, a 53' Rosie and a 44' Merc. Two of these three dimes found in the last 4 days were found in trashy places I had hit before with either the CTX 11" or a 6" coil on a 705; one fairground, one park both about 4" to 5". The other was at an old home, 1905 still occupied it was at about 7"

I cannot say that I got these only because I had a CTX with a 6"coil. I am sure other machines and coils could have found them. I will say two of them had to be worked a little to bring out the target response and to separate it from those around it. This is where the 6" on the CTX shines IMO.

Pulled a buffalo and a 58 quarter out yesterday with mine

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saltwater_max,
The little coils can be amazing and you've just demonstrated that. That is part of the importance of purchasing a detector that has a good selection of coils to choose from. Thank you for sharing...............63bkpkr

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tell you what! I bought a ctx 6 inch coil,got a good deal at that! But I tell you this little coil rocks! Now a t first when you pull that coil out the box your like really? Well this coil is pulling buttons out of the ground 8 to 10 inches,I even was able to detect in between the rail road tracks without it going crazy with the steel! I don't know if I will be using stock coil much more,I also thinks it helps to slow your detecting down and you find even more!

Agreed! The Minelab CTX 3030 6" coil works very good in trash. Deep to for no bigger than it is.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days late on the thread, but I just ordered a 6 inch coil from Bart.

A number of the places I hit are not trashy at all, so I like having the bigger coil to cover some ground. The local parks are a different matter.

I'm hoping it helps separate all of the crap a little easier.

WM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions