Minelab customer service still o.k. so far !

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short story version : Bought my SE Pro in March. Had to wait for weather to brake to even use it. After 6 or 7 uses, the screen decided to not come on or come on when it wanted to. Called my dealer ( Ron Shore Windy City Detectors ) who called Minelab & said send it in. I sent it in & Ron Johnson the tech. replaced the LCD. He tested it for 4 days & it worked. They sent it back to me & it went blank again. Called Ron Shore again - he called Minelab & requested a brand new machine for me. I dont know what took place behind the scenes with Ron Shore & Minelab, all I know is between the 2 of them I received a brand new Explorer SE Pro 5 days later. This one seems to be working fine, although I have only used it once since I received it last week. All I can say for now is I've had 1 positive experience with Minelab, & one very positive experience with Ron Shore of Windy City Detectors. This man goes out of his way to help you & doesn ditch you after you have spent money with him. Highly recommended dealer. Thanks again. Ron O. in Illinois

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
A few weeks back, one of the buttons on my Sovereign broke. Nothing serious, just the center came out of the button- mostly cosmetic. I called Minelab in NV and also spoke with Ron the tech. He said he'd send me a replacement knob. I expected to pay a couple of bucks. He sent me 2 new knobs at no charge. What a guy!!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread