Minelab Customer Service

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
I have heard several horror stories about Minelab customer service. In fact they almost persuaded me to buy a different brand. When I was in the market I called Minelab and talked to a person there. I asked about their customer service and told him about the stories I had heard. He told me not believe the stories and he assured me that if I had a problem that it would be taken care of. With that I went ahead and bought the X70.
A week later I ordered the 9” 3 kHz coil for my unit. I used the coil twice and noticed that both times it was hard to plug in. The third time I tried to use the coil it wouldn’t even plug in. I noticed that the 3rd port on the coil plug was damaged. I contacted Minelab and Dick told me to send it in. I had planned on sending it in that week but we had a stroke of bad luck here and wasn’t able to do so for a while. I left the coil in the shipping box and put it in the storage room on my Minelab box and forgot about it. I have never really given the Minelab a fair chance. I was comfortable with my other units and was finding good stuff with them so I hardly ever used it. Granted I would find good stuff when I used the X70 but almost always passed it over when going detecting. A few months ago I decided that I was going to give the machine a fair chance and learn to use it efficiently. I hit the yards and starting actually paying attention to the machine better. I made a lot of nice finds in some of the areas that I have pounded with my other units. I finally warmed up to this machine.
On September the 6th I found that my 9” 7.5 kHz coil on my X70 was broken. I made a post and then started looking for my X70 information. While looking for my information I found the 9” 3 kHz coil that never was sent in. At this point I was at a loss. I didn’t figure Minelab would do anything for me, but I was willing to pay for repairs or replacements. I called Minelab and asked for Dick. Dick no longer works there so they took my number and said a tech would call me back. Later that evening Bill from Minelab called. I told him my situation and without hesitation and told me to send both coils in and said they are under warranty.
I sent the package off on September the 8th. On the 14th I got a call from a lady at Minelab and she said they received the package. The lady told me that they were very busy and the turn around average was approx. 20 days, but that was a broad estimate. I told her no problem at all.
On September the 24th UPS showed up with two brand new coils. Minelab had replaced the coils.
One of these days I might have a problem and they may or may not take care of it. I just know that Minelab has earned more of my business. I will be ordering the 10.5" 7.5 kHz DD coil as soon as I get the extra money.
Thank you Minelab!

thedaddy

Aug 1, 2009
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab ExcalII 1000, Bounty Hunter 505 8/4
I had good luck with Minelab service as well. Nothing but good things to say about the equipment or the company.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their repair department went through some bad bumps a while back but, it seems they are doing just fine now.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes sir i have had good luck with Minelab service and detectors. And i will keep useing Minelab really like there detectors and now there service is back up to par......... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 569
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 558

gibsondan

Nov 15, 2008
All this good news about Minelab Customer Service is very encouraging to me now that I sent them my E-trac to repair.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gibsondan said:
All this good news about Minelab Customer Service is very encouraging to me now that I sent them my E-trac to repair.
well all this positive feedback is also giving me that tingly feeling about sending them my SE. it has a problem with a split screen that appears when the backlight it on. its also affecting the settings and readouts. the SE's apparently have had this issue since day one. minelab knows about it and even though its out of warranty i really hope that they take care of it for me. :help:
this will be the deciding factor for me because an E-trac is next on my list and i would really hate to have to get another brand machine because im used to driving a Cadillac so its gonna be hard to go back to driving a Yugo. No offense to any Yugo owners out there but you get my point.
I will keep you guys informed with the results...... :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread