Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol! Awesome! Now that's a happy dance tune!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was complete garbage, but everyone's taste are different. There is no way those sounds "from minelab" Those are plain synthesizer sounds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made it to the 1:39 mark, my hearing really must be messed up as I heard nothing that would resemble what I'm used to listening to as far as the sounds of what the machine actually does for me. Must be that multi tone setting I never got use to Sorry.:dontknow:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They used to try for the outdoorsie prospectors, then the technologically adept. Now it's the club crowd. Sad.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made it to the 1:39 mark, my hearing really must be messed up as I heard nothing that would resemble what I'm used to listening to as far as the sounds of what the machine actually does for me. Must be that multi tone setting I never got use to Sorry.:dontknow:

The detector sounds are sampled by computer, then synthesized into music.

From Wiki: Sampling (music) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unconventional sounds

"These are not musical in the conventional sense - that is, neither percussive nor melodic - but which are musically useful for their interesting timbres or emotional associations, in the spirit of musique concrète. Some common examples include sirens and klaxons, locomotive whistles, natural sounds such as whale song, and cooing babies. It is common in theatrical sound design to use this type of sampling to store sound effects that can then be triggered from a musical keyboard or other software. This is very useful for high precision or nonlinear requirements."

Last edited:

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have rather heard a remix of samples from the detecting shows! :laughing7:

Ja ja ja juice in the hole, colone, ja ja ja juice in the hole, roundness, Ba Ba Ba BOOM BABY, get the dozer over hur.... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never actually seen a metal detector commercial before this. That was very entertaining!

I wonder what the budget was on that production? Minelab must really be raking the money in. :notworthy::thumbsup:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where's Grandmaster El P? :icon_scratch:

This video will answer his question why their search coils cost a fortune! :laughing7:

You saw it people! If you're an old fossil or a bit of a geek.....minelab doesn't want your money!

According to the video, they're looking for young hipsters that will make the bikini babes turn their heads.

If you don't have enough juice in da hole to swing a Garrett, then what makes you think you can be a minelab user?

EH? :dontknow:

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda neat. I love my AT Gold, but have always wanted to try out a CTX 3030.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Slick commercial! But who is their target audience?

It seems like 20 year old men with a $150 dollar hair style in designer outfits, if I were wearing that I would be scared to get that dirty.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites is advertising to the true, current demographic of the majority of detector users. Minelab is trying to invent a new demographic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread