Minelab equinox 600 settings

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no this isn’t the 800, but what the consensus on the deeper silver set up, field or park, 800 doesn’t justify 300.00 more just doesn’t regardless how much better it is and it’s not for 300, expert or recreational digger. Why so many people buy so many detectors, must have money to blow, vanquish , apex new but already see many for sale again, come on folks, 2 or 3 plenty. Whites and Garrett better step up unless they just want middle of the road machines, coins or relics, ferrous or not, field or park. I think sometimes we overhyped these machine, what’s the run down honestly.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm interested in what feed back you get. I just picked up a Nox 600 myself. Haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet...I'll tell you what though. It better be twice as good as the Simplex. That MD'er is one good buy for the money!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m anxious to, you no I here a lot of rambling on here about brands, prices, look obviously some machines offer more in operations, learning. Just say everyone can afford the what, xpdeus, ctx, 800. Most machines cheap or not can detect gold, so I can’t justify paying 300.00 more for the 800, than 300. My god these guys talk about vdi, heck most of the time the numbers aren’t correct, ground conditions, positive of coin in ground etc, so now the tones yes very important, but how many tone signals you need, are you going to bend your lazy asses over to dig the item or not, guess what the machine isn’t telling you what it is, it says here’s a signal, the rest up to you, in all honesty you no how many people passed over good targets because of a vdi, or tone ALOT. Point is money aside, the simplex with. Just a few added options would be very comparable, but I’m not in the idea I have to buy 3 or more machines, oh by the way I do more detecting than most, woods, shorelines, off the grid, parks to but those most go to because no obstacles in way, thankyou

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 800 does not have more depth than the 600. The extra money gets you a few extra programs, wireless headphones and the ability to tweak some settings.
Some think the 600 does not run in multi frequency the same way the 800 does.....this is not true.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just to understand your point, 800 has more depth than 600. Is that because of the extra so called adjustments the 800 has, because if multi frequencies work the same than what engineering make the 800 so much better or 300.00 because other than gold setting and two more frequencies. Appreciate the knowledge your offering I’m just try to get an honest prospective that many folks want to no regardless of the cost, thankyou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread