Minelab Ex Call II Need advice. Check your seals

Nov 7, 2012
Hello friends! I recently took a beach trip. I obviously lost the seal at the battery pack, (where the plug is connected to the battery) No water appears to have gotten in to the battery. But when the day was finished, I unscrewed the plug from the battery to recharge for the next day. There was some brown stuff in the holes on the battery. I assume it was something from the battery area. I cleaned it as well I could with q tips. It seams to be working fine. It may be missing one of the little silver rings that fit in the top of the battery. Also the plug looks really tarnished now. I'm not sure if i can just change the battery pod casing or a new battery pack.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends! I recently took a beach trip. I obviously lost the seal at the battery pack, (where the plug is connected to the battery) No water appears to have gotten in to the battery. But when the day was finished, I unscrewed the plug from the battery to recharge for the next day. There was some brown stuff in the holes on the battery. I assume it was something from the battery area. I cleaned it as well I could with q tips. It seams to be working fine. It may be missing one of the little silver rings that fit in the top of the battery. Also the plug looks really tarnished now. I'm not sure if i can just change the battery pod casing or a new battery pack.
Post a couple pictures and I can help you...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread