Minelab Excaliber 800 Question-Please reply

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I've been reading on this board and I believe the new Excaliber 800 is suppose to come with a Blue Shaft.
I believe Kellco is replacing it with another shaft. I aslo see where they are selling the Blue Shaft as an accessory.
I also contacted another Dealer and their Excaliber come with the Blue Shaft.

Blue Shaft is the Question on Minelab New Equipment.
Thanks
Richard
Charlotte,N C

Upvote 0

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldnugget, Welcome to the Forum. I have the 1000, and all it’s shaft's are blue. It came with two shafts, one long one for detecting on land, and a shorter shaft for working under water. I have not heard about MineLab making any changes to the design. However, you will find there are some folks who believe that using a straight shaft over the factory version is easier to handle for hunting on dry land. For me, I just stuck with the factory version.

Q

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
I just had a look at the kelly site the blue shaft you are talking about is the small shaft used for hip mounting the machine, which they are offering as part of the deal. From my own experience I would not recommend using the hip mount set up I have seen a lot of people have problems with straining the coil leads and damaging the seals creating water leaks into the main control box, which lead to costly repairs.A better alternative is a balanced shaft available from Bill Babbs, this will make the machine better suited to land and sea use. good luck , seeya Neilo ;D

GaBeaSwpr

May 1, 2006
Appling Georgia
GoldNugget
Neilo is correct about the Babb straight shaft. I use an Excal 1000 with it and it balances better than the stock shaft from Minelab.
Happy Huntin!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread