Minelab Excalibur 1000 land performance?

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal is just the land version of the hot Sov. GT. Being built for water it is heavier and those that hunt land with it or wade usually mount the controls around the neck to take the weight off the arm. There is also a straight shaft that many like using. Many of the best detectors don't have a screen either. It works fine on dry land and pinpoints off the tip or heel of the coil instead of the middle.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used mine on land before I bought my Sov GT and 6000 xl pro, it worked fine on land, it is just a little heavy for huntng land all day.

OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
cool,, if I remember correctly Sandman, you hip mount yours right? I guess that would make it less
tiring if you have no choice but to use it on land. Doesn't that put a lot of strain on the wires? All that movement,or
maybe not,given all that slack.

Seems getting the hip mount is almost necessary if you plan to do it for a long time.

I keep a close eye on your posts Sandman,since you are an expert here on that 1000,(among others) , still
picking up pointers. :D

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Syko....my wife and I made this harness...I have a bad neck so i can't hang my Excal like sandman..started out making a belt mount but did not like the way the Excal hung....so we turned it into a harness....can detect for hours now...and added a water bottle holder to the back of the harness...I also put a florida straight shaft like sandman....Excal works well in or out of the water....with the Excal you don't need a meter....good luck and may you enjoy MD....

Attachments

• cut 44.jpg
    cut 44.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 820
  • cut 44.jpg
    cut 44.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 347
OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
rdi said:
...good luck and may you enjoy MD....

Thank You Rdi for that....it's responses like that , that make me feel like I found the friendliest
forum ever. I'm not even in the hobby yet, but can see that it's something great to be a part of. :)

BTW..that harness looks real comfortable..I think I'd try one of those whenever I scrounge up enough
for the "toy" ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread