minelab excalibur 2?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I have read on them here and there, I have one on layaway also. I think it will be a great machine for florida surf and diving

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
It is one of the best you can buy. And yes it goes deep!!!!
Have funn!!!!! :)

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
if I lived near the beach,an excal would be my choice.it is heavy but hipmounts are available.check out the
beach and shallow water forum.you may want to check on P.I. (pulse induction) units as well.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
The excal II is an incredible machine and would suit the needs you mentioned very well. I am sure you would love it. Gosh I wish I had one myself! lol We have them on our website but since I live in the desert I would not get to use it to it's fullest capability anyway but some day I will! ;)

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I don't have an Excalibur II but I have the last edition of the Excalibur and yes it goes plenty deep. The best thing about my Excalibur is the fact that it ignores iron which there is plenty of on every beach. I hunt in the surf here in Florida and find plenty of coins and rings. My problem is getting off to hunt when the beach is user friendly. It seems every time the beach calms down enough for me to hunt I am at work and when I am off the surf is just right for surfers. I have the 10 inch coil version and absolutely love using that detector. Rule number one, if it sounds off dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread