May 24, 2014
Cheshire
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer
whites surf master pi
minelab excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone,I'm a new member and own a excalibur 1000,to be honest it's spent a number of years boxed up and I was planning on selling it so had a service done and when it was returned from minelab it looked that nice and shiny i thought I'd keep it and start detecting again...just the one question for now if anyone can help, the protective cable nut on the coil is a little loose, would it be best to undo it and put some silicon grease on and tighten it back up or just tighten it...also is this a common thing for the coil nut to work loose or is it advisable to lube this area from time to time...there's a few things I have forgot about the excalibur because of lack of use but I have found my old instruction book and a few other treasure hunt books about the excal 1000...not come across a loose coil nut anywhere though so am hoping it wont have to go back to ireland...thanks for you time and any help....Lee :hello:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Does happen...

Just tighten up, the Heyco will compress the rubber sleeve and seal off the connection to the coil. The best you can do is silicon spray the cables every few hunts or if you store away. Also maybe once a year check the top o-ring on the knob shaft, these are exposed to the salt and elements and should be watched.

OP
OP
L

lee-

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2014
Cheshire
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer
whites surf master pi
minelab excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your help... to be honest I doubt if I'll use it in the sea again''not in England anyway,too cold !'',I lived in Spain for over 3 years and done the beaches and sea but never dived with it,just waist to shoulder deep,In the Mediterranean you have no tides so you find more goodies in the water,I was selling my excalibur on ebay but taken it off auction because before I went to box it up I noticed there was a problem with the earphones so sent it to minelab for a full service and when I got it back I though it looked that good I'll keep it and now cant wait to go treasure hunting again...funny life is sometimes ! best regards...Lee

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You just got it back from Minelab repair and they left it like that not good..

OP
OP
L

lee-

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2014
Cheshire
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer
whites surf master pi
minelab excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps it was myself when putting things back together and re attached the coil cable or even worked loose in transit,it was very slight but I cant remember having the problem before,its tightened now and have taken the silicon spray advice so hoping it will be ok now...just keep my eyes on it... thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions