Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21

aoyue2702

May 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't see why not. NICD and NIMH are very similar. If the pack voltage is the same, then it should work.

123tje

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I charge the nimh pack with the standard nicd charger and it works fine ,no problems , yes one you can not see if its full

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the stock charger with no issue so far, have for well over a year. I don't worry about the charge status, I charge it over night. Never had it run out of charge the next day, and I have had some 12 hour hunts with it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken it says on the justbattries.com website the stock will work. I have been using stock charger on my Nimh battery for close to 18 months.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NO! I thought so also, but burned up my NiMH battery and melted a wire in the housing. The NiCAD charger will seriously overcharge/overheat the NiMH battery IF you are not careful.

Read my recent post on here.

smoldrn

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO! I thought so also, but burned up my NiMH battery and melted a wire in the housing. The NiCAD charger will seriously overcharge/overheat the NiMH battery IF you are not careful.

Read my recent post on here.

I just spoke with ML yesterday about the old charger & new battery. They said it would work with no problems.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Believe what you want, but I've gotta melted NiMH battery which will tell you different. The NiCAD charger will work ok IF you closely monitor the length of time it charges. If you forget and charge it too long, you run the risk of damaging your battery. The NiCAD charger has no circuitry for tapering off the charging rate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread