Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally sent in my Minelab EXP II detector to get the split screen problem fixed. UPS sucks. It took 8 days to get there MD to Nevada. It sat in IL for three days, and it was not a weekend. Came back in 4 days, more like it. They replaced the mian PC board. Also replaced a battery holder that was giving some problems. Called me to make sure they got everthing done. No charge all taken care of under waranty. I am very satisfied.

Ed D.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats good to know. now you are back in business!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deal Ed.

I just bought a new SE and hope that doesn't have that problem.

I haven't even fired it up yet due to winter and work. Oh well, it's under warrentee anyways.

I just bought a Tesoro Bandidto II uMax as a little backup loaner machine.

How has the hunting been?

Badger

OP
OP
Born2Dtect

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger,

I got out on the 8Th. Only silver was a 1917 Mercury, but it was nice. I have to tell a story. One of the newer members had a great day. He found a cut coin (reale). After finding this out I approached him to see the coin and congratulate him. When I did he was digging a signal and pulled out a odd shaped target about 1 x 1 1/2 inches that looked like silver. He put it in my hand and as I was looking at it 3 pillars popped out of the coin. I gave it back to him and as it dried more a cross appeared on the back. In 2 hours of detecting he had found a cut coin reale and a cut cobb reale. All I can say is I was there, it could have been me, but alas it was not.

The EXP II split screen problem was with the board. As they knew it long before making the SE it should be OK. If you do find The SE not to your liking I would be glad to trade a lightly used (Ha Ha!) EXP II.

Good hunting and a great Christmas.

Ed D.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well it cost me $53.00 for mine to get fixed with almost the same exact problem but I am not complaining because the machine is awesome and kicks butt now like it used to.

No complaints from me...

I did, however have to send in ANOTHER Whites Bullseye II (my 5th) for repair of a bad switch. They tried to tell me it was the way I used it but when I told them it was my 8 year old daughter's they shut up about that. Sorry I know this post should go on another post but I just had to vent.

I think Minelab Customere Service is Awesome!!!!

It also took my detector 1 week to get to Vegas. What's the deal with that????

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Born2Dtect said:
Badger,

I got out on the 8Th. Only silver was a 1917 Mercury, but it was nice. I have to tell a story. One of the newer members had a great day. He found a cut coin (reale). After finding this out I approached him to see the coin and congratulate him. When I did he was digging a signal and pulled out a odd shaped target about 1 x 1 1/2 inches that looked like silver. He put it in my hand and as I was looking at it 3 pillars popped out of the coin. I gave it back to him and as it dried more a cross appeared on the back. In 2 hours of detecting he had found a cut coin reale and a cut cobb reale. All I can say is I was there, it could have been me, but alas it was not.

The EXP II split screen problem was with the board. As they knew it long before making the SE it should be OK. If you do find The SE not to your liking I would be glad to trade a lightly used (Ha Ha!) EXP II.

Good hunting and a great Christmas.

Ed D.

Thanks Ed but while I do appreciate the generous offer of trade I'll probably stick with the SE ;D

Say Ed, I don't know if you've kept up with the latest but now there's a small movement toward Fisher's F series being deeper than any of the Minelabs. What do you think about that?

Badger

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I too have been watching and considering a F-75 simply because of weight and balance Badger. I have only been able to swing one for about ten minutes but found it to be a nice machine. Do you know if they offer any additional coils for it?

The price and the lack of different coils is the only thing that has kept me from buying one.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mastereagle22 said:
I too have been watching and considering a F-75 simply because of weight and balance Badger. I have only been able to swing one for about ten minutes but found it to be a nice machine. Do you know if they offer any additional coils for it?

The price and the lack of different coils is the only thing that has kept me from buying one.

The word I got was the F-75 is the same in depth as the DFX and not nearly as deep as the Minelabs. Now it seems the wind in blowing another direction. Who knows? I guess we'll all have to see for ourselves.

But I must admit I have a hard time believing the Fishers are deeper than all the Minelabs. For one thing, that Sovereign GT is unbelievably deep. The $200 F-2 beats it???? I find that a bit much to believe.

Badger

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Michigan Badger said:
mastereagle22 said:

The word I got was the F-75 is the same in depth as the DFX and not nearly as deep as the Minelabs. Now it seems the wind in blowing another direction. Who knows? I guess we'll all have to see for ourselves.

But I must admit I have a hard time believing the Fishers are deeper than all the Minelabs. For one thing, that Sovereign GT is unbelievably deep. The $200 F-2 beats it???? I find that a bit much to believe.

Badger

If the f-75 is only as deep as the dfx..someone please let me know...I have a few trying to talk me into a F-75... As far as up to 6 inches the dfx is lethal...after that...so any f-75 users...would like to know the truth...I do hear just the opposite on the f-75 ..one says it is not well constructed with a faulty coil...the next is claimimh 10 inches...would really like the truth... ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions