Minelab explorer owners with X1 probes

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Just wanted an opinion on where you like it mounted. I put mine on the side of the upper shaft over the lable where it was recommended in the directions, but I have a hard time believing this is the best spot as it seems the cable ends up under the machine half the time it is set down. Any ideas on where it would be better to have mounted, please let me know. Also, if there are any concerns for interferance based on mounting location etc.

I have only used it for a few hours one day so any advice or tips on its use would be appreciated as well!

Thanks,
Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to Mount Mine on the Right Side, of the Battery Compartment. (I'm Right Handed)

Everytime I needed it, It was Sitting on the Cable.

I then Moved The Clips Facing Me.

I like it ALOT BETTER & it Dosn't get in the way as I thought it would.

I'm using a Different Set up ( S-1/Sovereign attached. ) But Same Results.

Attachments

• Probe001.jpg
    Probe001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 312
OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks Jeff, that is exactly where mine is at the moment. I was considering maybe mountng it to the shaft on top in front of the computer, just not sure it it would effect the coil or not. I felt pretty stupid the first day using it, half the time I would get up from checking with the probe, forget to switch the toggle back on coil and wonder why I kept getting the same signal everywhere (change in my pocket). What a newb ::)

-Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visionquest said:
Thanks Jeff, that is exactly where mine is at the moment. I was considering maybe mountng it to the shaft on top in front of the computer, just not sure it it would effect the coil or not. I felt pretty stupid the first day using it, half the time I would get up from checking with the probe, forget to switch the toggle back on coil and wonder why I kept getting the same signal everywhere (change in my pocket). What a newb? ::)

-Mike

alot DO put it on the Shaft where Your Suggesting.

I TOO believe it Would Effect The Coil.

HOWEVER.

As long as The Coil & Probe are Moving in Unison on the Swings, It Shouldn't.

I still Don't Trust it tho ;D

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have mine mounted on top of the shaft just enough past the control box so that the it does not interfere with the cable. I have had it mounted this way for a year, the length of time I have owned my EXII and have had no problems with coil interference. 8)

The Reiferman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread