Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question for you out there with one of these machines. I have a test garden with gold and silver and all sorts of different items. Two inches down it will not pick up a 1/8 ounce gold and silver necklace in the wet soil. If its on the surface it will, but not once its under the soil. What the heck is wrong with this machine? I have tried several times and at one foot down it will not hit a 10 ounce silver bar either. Had one in my yard buried there all winter and in the spring it still wouldn't find it. Its a great coin machine but holy crap... I didn't spend 700 dollars for a coin machine.. Its suppose to find that good old yellar stuff... What the problem? Anyone got ideas? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thin chains and tiny gold are hard for any detector to find. I have dug some pretty tiny silver rings, though, with my Xterra that were buried pretty deep. As to the silver bar at one foot, that might be outside of the detectors range. I'd suggest you post on the Minelab board and you might get more response. Also, try auto ground balancing and making sure you are in either all metal or discrimination 1 mode.

OP
OP
C

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the information. I will go and post on there and see what I might find out..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread