Minelab GPX 5000 and Excalibur

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
I will be picking up an almost new GPX 5000 and an Excalibur II for $1,100 the next time I go to the Philippines. An American husband to someone in my wife's town passed away recently and she wants the money for them plus accessories. I'm not sure which accessories but I've seen some of the gold jewelry he found with them. I was looking forward to metal detect with him but never got the chance.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If she needs the money and your a friend you would let her know the market value of those machines!

OP
OP
J

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
She has been selling everything of his and is even looking for a new foreign husband. And I would not be buying them unless I got a great deal as I am disabled, lost my job, and on a very limited income. I plan on selling the GPX and keeping the Excalibur. She can not get a buyer there so is happy to sell them to me. I was wanting to MD with this guy if I was ever over there, but it did not happen. He sadly died of kidney failure.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be very worried about one or both being fakes. A GPX is a VERY new detector model, made specifically for nugget hunting, and costs about $5000. They are also aggressively faked because they are so expensive. Lots of fake Excals too. Make sure you know EXACTLY what the real detectors look, feel, and operate like so you don't get scammed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread