Seeker22

Jan 4, 2017
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites GMT, Whites TDI Pulsescan,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab GPX 5000 Discontinued ?
I just ran across a Metal detecting website checking information for a GPX 5000 I JUST purchased, and was shocked to find that as of today's date Feb 19 2017. The Minelab GPX 5000 is discontinued !
I checked the Minelab website and they don't mention anything about it on their discontinued list. Perhaps because todays the date it got discontinued ? or they are trying to keep it low key ?
Anyone know what gives Did the Minelab dealers know this was coming ? Talk about buyers remorse- wow.

From mashdetectors.com website
MINELAB GPX 5000 Detector
Availability: Not Available Discontinued - Unfortunately this product has been discontinued and we will not be receiving any more stock. Click here for alternative products.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, that would be incorrect... I suspect they will be around for years to come. :)

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe just discontinued from that vendor??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab announces when a detector is discontinued and they have made no announcement on the GPX 5000, they did announce the end of the Eureka Gold detector and no longer producing the GPX 4800. They discontinue a model when sales drop below the ponit of being profitable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions