Minelab Gpz 7000

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure looks like it means business. Not much gold in Upstate NY - but maybe that's because no one checked with one of those. ;-)

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine apparently cost $10,000 is what a dealer told me... That's as much as a car...

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was off by a dollar lol

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe for a tax write off minelab can donate one to me.... Wishful thinking.... Lol I'll never be able to afford one. Unless I hit it big somehow...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will tell you this i am in Ohio but if i was in Gold Country i sure would have one..

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? You would spend $10k on a detector? No thanks. Unless I was uber rich and even then id second guess myself on it.

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah well toys r us has one for you for like $20 bucks if that's how you feel lol

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL? You laughed out loud at a comment about a detector from toys r us for $20? What exactly is that supposed to mean anyway? Some super funny joke only you get?

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People spend money for quality and that's the point. You got high quality for large sums and if you don't want to pay then they got crap for cheep.

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And premium with premium prices

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First people all over buy things everyday that are highly overpriced because of name brand. Second price doesn't always mean quality if that is what you believe in let me direct you to my third point..a wide quote" a fool and his money are easily parted". Look back in our recent history about cell phones..everyone has to have the newest and coolest cellphone and pay through the nose for it but wise ppl wait a little while and the huge price goes down to reasonable so what does that say about paying premium? Hmm?

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some people want what they want now....not later.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that very reason is why companies get away with charging outlandish amounts. Again the quote about fools and money. Look at the ppl who fight at Christmas for toys or that time ppl were paying $3000 for a $30 tickle me Elmo. All im saying is I think its wrong for the company to demand so much money for an item. Funny how they say its $12k but you can get it for $9999.00 an instant $2000 discount, just a gimmick. Oh well I don't have the money to waste but if someone does more power to them and I honestly do hope they do find gold so it can validate the purchase

JunGun

Dec 25, 2012
On your GOLD patches! =)
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I bought /paid for mine today and am waiting for it, The price is very high but I have the resources to afford it, and then some.
I figure hit the patches first and leave the leftovers for the ones who get it later. Honestly It's a fun hobby to get into and this will be my very first detector also!
Luckily I have friends who are vets and taking me along to their patches. If you have spots to detect why not just make friends with someone who can buy one!
Call me a fool I don't care just show me where it is!:laughing7:
We'll see if my fools purchase will be validated. lol
I think this is a little or a lot different then waiting in line to buy a dumb tickle-me-elmo and what a toys r us carries.

Last edited:

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I liked treasure_hunters comparison to a 20k bass boat. It's a hobby and some people are lucky enough to have the coin to buy the nicer toys. At least this gpz will give a return on investment unlike that bass boat that will depreciate quicky and cost a lot for maintenance...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
And that very reason is why companies get away with charging outlandish amounts. Again the quote about fools and money. Look at the ppl who fight at Christmas for toys or that time ppl were paying $3000 for a $30 tickle me Elmo. All im saying is I think its wrong for the company to demand so much money for an item. Funny how they say its $12k but you can get it for $9999.00 an instant $2000 discount, just a gimmick. Oh well I don't have the money to waste but if someone does more power to them and I honestly do hope they do find gold so it can validate the purchase
bzbadger… Did you watch the video on that 7000 and what it does … To me that was amazing

OP
OP
sproatz

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I'm saying. If you want to spend your life waiting that's your choice. You only live once and I wanna have the fun while I can. I'm not going to spend it waiting while everyone around me is triumphing. Leaving nothing left. If I was rich I'd buy it in a heartbeat rather then have second best. And not wait!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread