Minelab MD

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Welcome to the Forum. I also have the Quattro, and found it the best machine for the money for what I wanted to use it for. I mainly hunt the beach, in S.E. Florida. Mostly I like hunting the wet sand during low tide. I detect mainly along the waters edge, and once in a while, I'll hit the high tide line.

I usually set my sensitivity at around 17-20. The factory pre set I believe is 15. I start it at full sensitivity at 20 and if I get a lot of chattering I lower it to about 17. Only once have I had to set it at 15. I hunt in the "all metal" mode.

It's a real easy machine to learn, and all I can really say is to get out there and start swinging! Soon you'll start learning the different tones, and can pretty much know what you're gonna dig up. Make sure you dig all your signals for pull tabs, which usually is the same as gold.

If you hunt the wet sand, make sure you dig everything, since there's not as much trash as in the dry sand. Get yourself a good sand scoop.

I highly recommend the book by Andy Sabich "Mastering the Quatrro". This will help you immensly, and has some great tips. Make sure you read the part of "cross saving". This will help you with customizing your programs. The manual that comes with the machine is very basic and didn't help me much. It wasn't until I read the book over and over again, that I started to understand the Quattro.

I've also used it hunted old houses with Floater, and has done well with that, but I really enjoy being at the beach, and the diggin is a lot easier!

Good luck with it and have a lot of fun! Make sure you let us know how you come along!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
D

dpsaws

thank you surfrat. I knew I was in the right place by posting here. Maybe there will be more .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread