Minelab opens new offices in the U.S. Were Growing to better serve you!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary Schafer wrote:

Dear valued Minelab Customers,

As of today (June 29, 2010), Minelab USA has moved its headquarters to Downers Grove, IL, a western suburb of Chicago. With record sales and a business plan for focused business growth, Minelab has chosen to more centrally locate our United States headquarters. The Chicago area is the perfect central location to further expand and support our operations. A state of the art demo room, a full service repair workshop and Minelab trained and certified technicians will ensure customers receive excellent service and are delighted to be a part of the Minelab community. As an additional service, Minelab USA will introduce a toll-free Customer Service line in the coming days.

Since its origins in 1985, Minelab has been the world leader in providing the best metal detection technologies for customers, including the land mine detection needs of humanitarian and military organizations. Minelab has a worldwide vision to provide first class products, services, and customer care while increasing interest and knowledge in the field of metal detection. Chicago, with its diverse population and work force is the perfect location to continue this world-wide vision of growth.

Minelab will continue to operate in Las Vegas with a new sales office located at 3752 Howard Hughes Drive, Suite 200 Las Vegas, Nevada. The Las Vegas office is a crucial part of Minelab’s business, being located in the middle of United States’ gold country! Its sales and marketing staff are there to help the west coast business partners and support Chicago’s customer service operations. Minelab is also opening a new training and demo center in the Prescott Valley area of Arizona.

Thank you for your business & continued support of Minelab!

Highest regards,
Gary Schafer
Vice President, Minelab USA

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Minelab opens new offices in the United States... Were Growing!

4-H said:
Dear valued Minelab Customers,

As of today (June 29, 2010), Minelab USA has moved its headquarters to Downers Grove, IL, a western suburb of Chicago. With record sales and a business plan for focused business growth, Minelab has chosen to more centrally locate our United States headquarters. The Chicago area is the perfect central location to further expand and support our operations. A state of the art demo room, a full service repair workshop and Minelab trained and certified technicians will ensure customers receive excellent service and are delighted to be a part of the Minelab community. As an additional service, Minelab USA will introduce a toll-free Customer Service line in the coming days.

Since its origins in 1985, Minelab has been the world leader in providing the best metal detection technologies for customers, including the land mine detection needs of humanitarian and military organizations. Minelab has a worldwide vision to provide first class products, services, and customer care while increasing interest and knowledge in the field of metal detection. Chicago, with its diverse population and work force is the perfect location to continue this world-wide vision of growth.

Minelab will continue to operate in Las Vegas with a new sales office located at 3752 Howard Hughes Drive, Suite 200 Las Vegas, Nevada. The Las Vegas office is a crucial part of Minelab’s business, being located in the middle of United State's gold country! Its sales and marketing staff are there to help the west coast business partners and support Chicago’s customer service operations. Minelab is also opening a new training and demo center in the Prescott Valley area of Arizona.

Thank you for your business & continued support of Minelab!

Highest regards,
Gary Schafer
Vice President, Minelab USA

Thank You Gary, I really hope I don't need Minelab's repair services again, but if I do, Chicago will be a whole lot closer than Las Vegas. It sure sounds like you got things lined up and ready to go.

I am anxious to get my X-terra 70 back. I really like that detector. I also have a Explorer II, but as I get older the weight is becoming a factor and the 70 fits my needs now.

Thanks Again for your reply,
Dennis Morrison

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gary!
I spoke with you a week ago, and you were very nice and helpful on the phone... I didnt realize you were the VP of Minelab, or am I reading that message you posted wrong??
Anyway, the people I called (including the one you told me to call) ended up calling me back, and I was told to send it off to LV, which I did..
What would be the best way to find out a ballpark timeline that I can expect it to take to get it back? I wrote an email to the "info" address, but no reply yet..

Thanks so much...

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, I'm not Gary. :)

I just pasted his memo he sent to me.
I thought I'd update folks on our efforts for better customer service.

I would say, it could be up to a month on a turn around on your machine.

best regards,

mike

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:

best regards,

mike

Sorry bout the 4-H,

I got a call from Minelab and my detector is supposed to be delivered today by UPS, and I have to sign for it. Can't wait.
Thanks Again for the update from Minelab

HH,. Ringfinder

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
How long did it take from sending to finished Mike?
Did it? or, Will it?
I can't be sure.
I wont tell you all a certain time frame and have a chance it could be longer.
I'm sorry.
However,I have to say, it's got to be a little quicker than before eh? :dontknow:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Silver Surfer said:
How long did it take from sending to finished Mike?
Did it? or, Will it?
I can't be sure.
I wont tell you all a certain time frame and have a chance it could be longer.
I'm sorry.
However,I have to say, it's got to be a little quicker than before eh? :dontknow:
Jeez, what the heck is wrong with me... Sorry again Mike... I meant to ask Ringfinder how long it took (total turnaround) for his machine repair....

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:

best regards,

mike

O! Yea! they have had my coil for nearly two months now and they still won't return calls. I ended up going out and buy a new one that just came in. They are really teeing me off. If I didn't like the e-trac I would be off to White's. Charlie

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to finally write them an email stating that they were "supposidly" putting customer service at the top of the priority list, but since they had not written back to me, apparently not.. Got answers from two people the next day..
Unfortunately, they said there was nothing they could do to expedite repairs on my machine.. I can only hope and pray that it is within that "30 day time frame" they keep saying.. July 23rd will be 30 days, so we'll see... Fingers crossed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread