Minelab please add Pitch Hold!! And lack of charger rant!!

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CTX user here. My Nox 800 arrived today. In the middle of a snow storm.

So...all I could do is assemble, start the charge and read the online manual.

Please add Pitch Hold in an update.

Also- I am not thrilled that they sell a $900 detector that technically is useless unless you already have or will purchase other equipment.

They really need to include a 2amp wall cube with the Nox.

I read the paperwork- and it says do NOT use the normal, common, white, square 1 amp phone wall usb adaptor. Yea- the only wall adaptor I have, several of...

SOOOO.... this means plugging into my laptop- which according to the paper is .5 amp and says it will take 18 hours to charge.

Since I have times where I will hunt 2 days in a row- and stay out till dark- I can't wait 18 hours and should NOT have to purchase something, Minelab badged or otherwise to charge the product.

Hell- if someone did not have a computer then the detector is useless? Shameful.

Since Minelab shows they have a USB plug available to purchase, they should start including it with new purchases and ship one to all the people who already have a detector.

Horrible choice to not do that in the first place. They literally are selling thousands of products that can not be used with what is in the box.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Totally agree about the charger. If they are concerned that it's going to overheat a 1A charger they should have included one.

Looks like what they are actually warning that the CHARGER will be damaged, not the detector. It may not be able to provide that 1A for 4-8 hours without overheating and failing or shutting down.

What is tone hold?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody really thinks they're going to pay attention, right?

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is completely unacceptable to ship a new, rechargable electronic device without a charger. I just ordered a 600, but I guess I am lucky in that I work in IT and have drawers full of micro USB chargers. Not everyone will be in a similar position though.

OP
OP
PowerDubs

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I am lucky in that I work in IT and have drawers full of micro USB chargers. Not everyone will be in a similar position though.

2 amp 5v, or .5 amp 5v. Not 1 amp

Which is the most common...but they will sell you one.

IMG_1595.JPG

OP
OP
PowerDubs

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody really thinks they're going to pay attention, right?

Doesn’t make it right.

And yea- when the ctx came out they added the saltwater option, seal upgrade, and cuff change based on user feedback.

Pitch hold would be easy to add- and helpful.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it does NOT make it right, and no printed manual....please!

OP
OP
PowerDubs

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not me.

No reason to pinpoint until you find a target.

Get a little lazy and let your mind wander out in an open field on a nice warm sunny day?

Pitch hold will say - Hey you look over here!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, look over here. Or as I say - miss it by an inch, miss it by a mile.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is completely unacceptable to ship a new, rechargable electronic device without a charger. I just ordered a 600, but I guess I am lucky in that I work in IT and have drawers full of micro USB chargers. Not everyone will be in a similar position though.

Send me one :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure. Let me sell you a new car With no tires. Bring your own.

They already sell car with no tire, every car use to come with a full size spare tire as standard equipment, now many are sold with no spare at all not even a spare rim and that is after spending $20,000 plus. The wall charger is less than $5.00 and sold almost everywhere, full size spare tire costs a couple hundred dollars with the rim.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To be honest there are so many USB devices these days I think minelab figured nearly everyone has a USB charger, and that is probably true.

I actually have a whole BOX of usb chargers from various devices I've purchased.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Iphone 7 came with a charger. Goodness what WAS Apple thinking to include one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions