Minelab PRO-SWING 45 * Have you used one? I may need one? *

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Patriots

Jul 16, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking at the reviews. Looks like a decent investment but it is expensive for the purpose. It's rated highly though.

steveo40

May 10, 2014
I have one and use it when I put my Nel 15" coil on my At pro. It is very comfortable once you get it all tweaked in. Only drawback for me is that when I hunt with smaller coil I will have a longer side to side swing. The harness will restrict your hunting motion a bit, but taking the weight off your arm more than makes up for it.

tonylumps

Greenie
May 16, 2015
newtown square,pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it at 72 years old.It will take a couple of adjustments to get it to work well.I used it this summer with the Temp above 90 but kept it on anyway.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My CTX is killing me! But on SSN, the price of a Pro Swing is a pretty serious expenditure.

So, I went to Youtube and watched videos of the Pro Swing, and alternatives. The Pro Swing looks to be the best I could find.

Edit: I'm wondering about usage when water hunting...

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all of the feedback. I most likely will order one of these next week... I will let you know what I think of it after I use it for a few hunts.
Gary from Oregon

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the detecting buddy. Does the job at a fraction of the price. When retrieving a target I just detach the bottom strap which now have a mountain clips on them. Cost was about 30.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a harness regardless of the detector weight. I even use one with my XP Deus that weighs 2 lbs because I can let go of the detector and it doesn't fall onto the sand, land or into the surf. I've used hydra-packs and the ProSwing45. Both fill the bill nicely. You'll never regret one day of investing in a harness.

Just the view from my foxhole...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The Minelab pro-swing is worth the investment. Wife got me one last Christmas, works wonders on my tennis elbow.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the detecting buddy. Does the job at a fraction of the price. When retrieving a target I just detach the bottom strap which now have a mountain clips on them. Cost was about 30.

Thanks I will take a look...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being the thrifty guy that I am, I use an old set of Army Load Bearing Equipment (LBE) and use a bungee cord. It makes swinging the F75LTD SE with the 12" x 15" coil a breeze. Do you have any LBE laying around the house?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread