minelab profind 25 pin pointer problem

Mp4freedom

Sep 4, 2012
mason, oh
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, minelab explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone having problems with the pin pointers mine ain't been used that much but has fresh battery and is super sensitive like it thinks my finger is metal and if you hold it up in the air it thinks its metal and if u shake it lately it will start to zero in and if you freeze it will keep going off at where ever you stop is this normal or is it ready to be replaced detector is a se pro by the way but there far enough away that they shouldn't interfere with each other

Upvote 0

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you are the first to have an issue with that pointer that I have heard. Please keep us informed as to how well the service responds to your needs. My unit is very strong and has never given me any problems.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Minelab customer service and ask the real experts!! If it is still under warranty they'll fix you right up.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call Minelab customer service and ask the real experts!! If it is still under warranty they'll fix you right up.

Good idea, no need asking other long time users about their experiences unless they have graduated to "expert" at the school of real world metal detecting.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had a few issues with mine now and again but it always seems to start behaving again. Sometimes with mine its a contact issue and after unscrewing the thing it works right again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread