Minelab SE Pro Coil

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has been asked a thousand times on here I am sure but I couldn't really find anything so I thought I would just ask for some short responds. I have the 11" DD standard coil that came with my pro and was wanting to know if there is another coil worth the purchase that would give me better results thanks for any reply's in advance sorry that I couldn't find any post I am new to this site.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real tough question to answer without knowing what you are hunting for and the conditions....

In general without knowing more specific info the Pro coil is a good one.... for deeper targets the various SEF models and the Coiltek WOT have a good following, as does the Ultimate coil... for trashy areas a Sunray X-5 or the new Coiltek 6" would do the job well. There are others who like the mid-sized 8" Minelab coil and the Coiltek Joey.

Again, the choice of coil should match your hunting conditions and desired targets.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a real tough question to answer without knowing what you are hunting for and the conditions....

In general without knowing more specific info the Pro coil is a good one.... for deeper targets the various SEF models and the Coiltek WOT have a good following, as does the Ultimate coil... for trashy areas a Sunray X-5 or the new Coiltek 6" would do the job well. There are others who like the mid-sized 8" Minelab coil and the Coiltek Joey.

Again, the choice of coil should match your hunting conditions and desired targets.

Thanks I am a silver hunting nut mostly hunt old home sites found a lot of silver with the 11"DD stock coil I mostly hunt by myself I have a friend that goes with me at times but no one has a minelab that I know so I was just thinking if there something that will give me more or I should say better results then I would give it a shot. Would a lets say 10x12 SEF coil give me anymore depth or would you recommend other or just stick with stock thanks

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks I am a silver hunting nut mostly hunt old home sites found a lot of silver with the 11"DD stock coil I mostly hunt by myself I have a friend that goes with me at times but no one has a minelab that I know so I was just thinking if there something that will give me more or I should say better results then I would give it a shot. Would a lets say 10x12 SEF coil give me anymore depth or would you recommend other or just stick with stock thanks

From our extensive testing the stock coil is the best and by far more stable. If depth is what you want look at the Coiltek 15" coil. Coiltek makes VERY high quality coils

Coiltek 15" E-Trac Coil | BigBoysHobbies.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're trying to pick gems from the trash around a house, I'd get the X-5. If you have vast areas to cover with little trash, the 15" WOT it great!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock coil is great for most hunting, if you're doing well just stay with it. I have a Coiltec WOT 15" coil as Bart suggested for field hunting and an 8" Sunray for more trashy yards and parks. Remember if you get another coil that you'll also want at least another lower shaft to make changing back and forth easier, which is also an added expense. I found even an installed lower shaft wasn't that easy so I have both shafts on my extra coils, but that is a lot of bucks for the convenience.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

In that size range, the stock coil is really hard to beat. If you want to go deeper, I agree with some others that the Coiltek 15" WOT coil would be the next step up in performance.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Thank you guys & gals for all the info ill check on the Coiltek coil when I decide to purchase I want more depth for sure if I can get it:) Thanks again

szasza85

Dec 18, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Coiltek platipus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, someone can not COILTEK Wot MINELAB head setup?...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I need a translator on that one....:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread