TheNail

May 18, 2014
Parker CO.
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All:

After struggling with the original battery compartment for years and now not being able to find a new Ni-CAD battery pack, I decided to come up with a solution to get my SOV out of the closet and back out in the field. I really love the metal detector, it has always been one of my favorite.
So, I recently performed a battery compartment modification on my SOV XS2a Pro so it can use most any new off-the-shelf 12 volt DC re-chargable battery packs and generic charger. The mod is minimally invasive and I can still restore my detector to stock condition again if I ever want to. The mod uses commonly available parts from Radio Shack and Home Depot. Less than $25 without the cost of the new generic battery packs. (However the mode has worked out so well, I doubt I will ever want to change it back.) If you are interested there are pictures and an explanation of my modification at the link below. If nothing else, maybe it will inspire you to come up with a mod of your own that will get that SOV back in the game.

Happy Hunting, Cheers!

Minelab Sovereign XS2a Pro Modification - The Nail's Techno Adventures, Curious Thoughts and Musings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread