,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried to read this a couple times and am not sure I understand the question. It would help if there was punctuation. LOL.. ??? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
kando

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
I've tried to read this a couple times and am not sure I understand the question. It would help if there was punctuation. LOL.. ??? :icon_scratch:
Ok Sandman in all metal it does not pick up any thing . It will not make a sound that you would dig . If you take a coin or nail and wave it under the coil at 1 inch nothing in all metal. In disc. it will sound off on the coin and null out with the nail. but in all metal no sound??

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even in All Metal it will null on iron but should still sound off on a coin unless you have notch or disc set to high, though both disc and notch are both disabled in All Metal. Make sure you have the Pinpoint switch off while in All Metal. I suspect that is the problem and if it isn't some thing is wrong and it should be sent in after you have checked all the pins on the conectors and make sure the cable is not wrapped to tight as this can pull on the cable wires.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
kando

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
Even in All Metal it will null on iron but should still sound off on a coin unless you have notch or disc set to high, though both disc and notch are both disabled in All Metal. Make sure you have the Pinpoint switch off while in All Metal. I suspect that is the problem and if it isn't some thing is wrong and it should be sent in after you have checked all the pins on the conectors and make sure the cable is not wrapped to tight as this can pull on the cable wires.

Good Luck,
Sandman
sandman , It will have to be sent it in i tried every thing it just will not pick up in all metal.. Thank You for your time & Info. kando

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
kando , I just got a second GT used and it will not pick up in all metal either i never tried it till i read your post. And i know it should for my other one does. I never heard of that problem before i will have to check with minelab.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask if your guys bought yours new or from ebay? Mine picks up a brass washer from 6 inches in the air in all metal but still nulls on small iron. You guys scared me so I had to go check mine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
I have to ask if your guys bought yours new or from ebay? Mine picks up a brass washer from 6 inches in the air in all metal but still nulls on small iron. You guys scared me so I had to go check mine.
This one i have sandman was used but not off ebay and will not pick up in all metal no more used detectors for me........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one reason I would never sell one of my detectors used. I would never sell one if I knew it wasn't working properly, but the buyer may receive it broken and then I'd be to blame. I always buy new and know I pay a little more, but I don't wasted anytime swinging a detector that only works part time. Time is to valuable to waste.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
This is one reason I would never sell one of my detectors used. I would never sell one if I knew it wasn't working properly, but the buyer may receive it broken and then I'd be to blame. I always buy new and know I pay a little more, but I don't wasted anytime swinging a detector that only works part time. Time is to valuable to waste.
Sandman , I guess from now on i will just follow your philosophy only new. .........==Jim_K==

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman , I now am getting sound in all metal but not as loud as disc. it could have been the area i was in i will try to get some were else with it in the morning

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread