Minelab Sovereign GT or Tesoro Tejon?

VaRelics

Mar 27, 2009
I used a sovereign elite for years which is very similar to the Gt and I currently use the Tejon.

The Sovereign is very good for coins in parks and anywhere there is compacted soil and is one of the best for salt water beaches IMO. The sovereign however is nota good relic machine period! It is blinded by iron and the fact it does not like any air between the coil and the target such as leaves and plowed fields makes it a poor performer for relics.

The tejon is one of the best for relics and is good for inland parks but does average on salt beaches in the dry sand only.

Best Regards,

VaRelics

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Thanks for the reply VaRelics. I would be using the machine for relics, so this is good information. I love the Tejon and Vaquero, but I am always looking and trying to keep up with what is out there. Thanks again. :occasion14:

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
iv used both and now run a GT.i only hunt the salt water beach's now and found the GT to be the best beach detector out there but,to be honest the Tejon was way better inland than the GT. but the Tejon will not work on wet salt sand! both have there place and are the best of what iv owned .

bayoukid

Greenie
Apr 25, 2009
Being new I shouldn't jump into this but you all can ignore this if you want. ;D

I now own the Tejon and have owned the GT.

Really they're both excellent in their own ways.

The GT properily used does better than the Tejon at parks and house sites.

The Tejon properily used does best in plowed fields and wooded areas.

The GT is more difficult to learn but onced mastered it will kick a Tejon when used at the more common coin/jewelry sites (the sites most people hunt).

The Tejon is simple to learn, mega fast, super deep, and the ideal coin/relic machine out in the wild country and plowed fields.

Best buy both :thumbsup:

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Thanks again for the input everyone. Bayoukid, welcome to the forum and feel free to join in anytime. I asked for opinions and thoughts and wether it is from a new person or not, it is all interesting. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread