minelab sovereign gt vs excalibur ii

eternoui

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
Cyprus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! I hope everyone is fine!

I need your opinion on something. I was going to purchase the minelab excalibur ii but I saw the warranty is only 1 year and that pulled me back, so I tried for something alternative. I have seen a lot of good reviews on minelab sovereign GT. I know that minelab discontinue this detector but I found some on the market with better waranty plans than the excalibur. In addition to that the GT cost almost the half price of the excalibur.

I will be mainly detecting on the beach dry and wet salty sand.

I need your opinion on this. If you would like to recomend some other detectors except from those two please do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! I hope everyone is fine!

I need your opinion on something. I was going to purchase the minelab excalibur ii but I saw the warranty is only 1 year and that pulled me back, so I tried for something alternative. I have seen a lot of good reviews on minelab sovereign GT. I know that minelab discontinue this detector but I found some on the market with better waranty plans than the excalibur. In addition to that the GT cost almost the half price of the excalibur.

I will be mainly detecting on the beach dry and wet salty sand.

I need your opinion on this. If you would like to recomend some other detectors except from those two please do.

If your not going into the water Sov GT can't be beat on saltwater beaches...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E

eternoui

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
Cyprus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi there. I am not going to dive but i might put the coil into the water, lets say about 3-4 intzes max.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. I am not going to dive but i might put the coil into the water, lets say about 3-4 intzes max.

Coil is waterproof but be careful controls are not....

OP
OP
E

eternoui

Greenie
Aug 14, 2013
Cyprus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thnx a lot Hunter. I will go with the GT, I found it in a very very good price with 3 years waranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread